Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Grassdancers dance the Chicken Dance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So if a gal dances the chicken dance, is it then called "bone"less chicken!?

Comment

Originally posted by Singing Eagle
      So if a white guy dances chicken - is he "skin"less chicken?
      Only if he's Jewish! ;)
      "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

DOH!!*laughs* skin less and finger licken good*laghing*wht about chicken breasts?

Comment

Originally posted by Dancin by the bay
          *laughing* or if a chiggin dancer dances tenderly is he then a *chiggin tender*?

I don't dance chicken when those songs do because I don't know the history or the songs really. But I don't think i'm being dissrespectful when I walk off. I hope I'm not.
          I didn't think straight dancers danced the chicken dance anyway?
          Have ichabu.. will travel!

The original TiPi CrEePeR...

Comment

Originally posted by TiPi CrEePeR
            I didn't think straight dancers danced the chicken dance anyway?
            ____

As times change and the powwow evolves. . . Sooner or later a straight dancer will be grouped in the traditional dance category and dance to a Chicken Dance Song (if it hasn't happened already).

I remember at one Crow Fair 3 straight dancers were there and were put into the traditional men's category. Their second song was a "sneak up."

One Osage dancer had never seen the sneak up and was confused as to whether to go down on his knee. When he finally decided to get down on his knee, the song changed beats and all the dancers got up, started dancing and left him in the dust! *LOL It was hilarous. But, cha' had to be there to appreciate it.

Needless to say, after that sneakup . . . that straight dancer wanted to "Sneak Out."
            Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

So if a dancer is scared to dance chicken...would that make him a "chicken" chicken dancer? :rofl2:
              yeah, yeah, yeah...

...never underestimate the power of stupid people in groups...

If quizzes are "quizical"...What are tests?

Comment

Originally posted by tradish_wiyan
                So if a dancer is scared to dance chicken...would that make him a "chicken" chicken dancer? :rofl2:
                DOH!! :rofl2:

Comment

So if a fat chicken dancer is dancing in the hot sun...does that make him a shake and bake?

:rofl2:
                  "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

What about a greasy nabaho chicken dancer in 100+ heat... that make him southern fried?

Comment

I think this thread got waaay off topic LOL :rofl2:
                      yeah, yeah, yeah...

...never underestimate the power of stupid people in groups...

If quizzes are "quizical"...What are tests?

Comment

Originally posted by Singing Eagle
                        So if a white guy dances chicken - is he "skin"less chicken?
                        Originally posted by Mato Winyan
                        Only if he's Jewish! ;)
                        LMAO X's 2 :lol2:

Comment

what was the question again.......quoting star wars ..."stay on target ...... stay on target"
                          slide slide slip n slide

Comment

Chicken and Grass

Chicken and Grass Dance are 2 different things. You dont wear the same thing. Songs maybe used for the samething but it isn't the same dance. That would be like Jingel dancing with a fancy shaw. Every dance means something else and grass and chicken aren't the same thing. Excuse me if I sound rude. But that is how I was raised and that is what I know. I'm sorry if I come off hard, I just want to pass what I know on.

Comment

So if a fat chicken dancer is dancing in the hot sun...does that make him a shake and bake?

:rofl2:
                              lol

Comment

What about a greasy nabaho chicken dancer in 100+ heat... that make him southern fried?
                                lol :P

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.