Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Grassdancers dance the Chicken Dance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grits & Beans
    replied
    Originally posted by Mato Winyan
    What about a greasy nabaho chicken dancer in 100+ heat... that make him southern fried?
    lol :P

Leave a comment:

• Grits & Beans
    replied
    So if a fat chicken dancer is dancing in the hot sun...does that make him a shake and bake?

:rofl2:
    lol

Leave a comment:

• Native_OtoGoddess
    replied
    Chicken and Grass

Chicken and Grass Dance are 2 different things. You dont wear the same thing. Songs maybe used for the samething but it isn't the same dance. That would be like Jingel dancing with a fancy shaw. Every dance means something else and grass and chicken aren't the same thing. Excuse me if I sound rude. But that is how I was raised and that is what I know. I'm sorry if I come off hard, I just want to pass what I know on.

Leave a comment:

• oldstylegrass
    replied
    what was the question again.......quoting star wars ..."stay on target ...... stay on target"

Leave a comment:

• Grits & Beans
    replied
    Originally posted by Singing Eagle
    So if a white guy dances chicken - is he "skin"less chicken?
    Only if he's Jewish! ;)
    LMAO X's 2 :lol2:

Leave a comment:

• tradish_wiyan
    replied
    I think this thread got waaay off topic LOL :rofl2:

Leave a comment:

• Mato Winyan
    replied
    What about a greasy nabaho chicken dancer in 100+ heat... that make him southern fried?

Leave a comment:

• Mato Winyan
    replied
    So if a fat chicken dancer is dancing in the hot sun...does that make him a shake and bake?

:rofl2:

Leave a comment:

• Dancin by the bay
    replied
    Originally posted by tradish_wiyan
    So if a dancer is scared to dance chicken...would that make him a "chicken" chicken dancer? :rofl2:
    DOH!! :rofl2:

Leave a comment:

• tradish_wiyan
    replied
    So if a dancer is scared to dance chicken...would that make him a "chicken" chicken dancer? :rofl2:

Leave a comment:

• WhoMe
    replied
    Originally posted by TiPi CrEePeR
    I didn't think straight dancers danced the chicken dance anyway?
    ____

As times change and the powwow evolves. . . Sooner or later a straight dancer will be grouped in the traditional dance category and dance to a Chicken Dance Song (if it hasn't happened already).

I remember at one Crow Fair 3 straight dancers were there and were put into the traditional men's category. Their second song was a "sneak up."

One Osage dancer had never seen the sneak up and was confused as to whether to go down on his knee. When he finally decided to get down on his knee, the song changed beats and all the dancers got up, started dancing and left him in the dust! *LOL It was hilarous. But, cha' had to be there to appreciate it.

Needless to say, after that sneakup . . . that straight dancer wanted to "Sneak Out."

Leave a comment:

• TiPi CrEePeR
    replied
    Originally posted by Dancin by the bay
    *laughing* or if a chiggin dancer dances tenderly is he then a *chiggin tender*?

I don't dance chicken when those songs do because I don't know the history or the songs really. But I don't think i'm being dissrespectful when I walk off. I hope I'm not.
    I didn't think straight dancers danced the chicken dance anyway?

Leave a comment:

• Dancin by the bay
    replied
    DOH!!*laughs* skin less and finger licken good*laghing*wht about chicken breasts?

Leave a comment:

• Mato Winyan
    replied
    Originally posted by Singing Eagle
    So if a white guy dances chicken - is he "skin"less chicken?
    Only if he's Jewish! ;)

Leave a comment:

• Singing Eagle
    replied
    So if a gal dances the chicken dance, is it then called "bone"less chicken!?

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.