Dancing sticks/clubs etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dancing sticks/clubs etc.

Aight you traditianl dancers what do you perfer to dance with?
    A Cane, Those gun end shape clubes with stude tacks,..a aplin stick wit an eagle claw,.to horned club what ever,..what do you like most?,..and oh did u ever had to used it in a real fight? or is it for looks?
    Have no hard feeling toward anyone who has not shown you enmity,do not fight with anyone who does not oppose you.Those who are good at knighthood are not militaristic,those who are good at battle do not become angry,planning should be in secret, attack should be swift. Sun Tzu - The Art of War

i use a beaded cane. i've used most of the others over the years but i have found that i like the look of the cane best of all.

Comment

I've used the gunstock club, pipe-tomahawk, and a 18 inch dance staff with studs, fur, and feathers. I love the staff and will be making a fancier one at somepoint.

Comment

I use a beaded stick with a eagle head at one end and talons at the other.

Comment

I beaded stick with two mature golden eagle body feathers dangling from the end

Comment

I dig on dance sticks more than fans. I've never had a clawed tick, but I like the way a good carved cane feels. Gunstock clubs are cool too, I even have a lance that seperates into two staves/clubs - but my all time favorite is the good ol' fashioned ojibwe ball club.

Yup, I love that ball club.

In non-traditional (grass/fancy) mode I dig on drop fans - but not so much with the traditional gear.
            Mii iw keyaa ezhi-ditibiseyaan

Comment

dance sticks

right now i have a lance carved out of cedar, use to have a buffalo horn stick that could klob the mess out of someone!
              www.myspace.com/powwowlicious

Comment

I Use All Of The Above,depending On The Dance. Gunstock Or Ball Club For Creep Up
                MY HEROES HAVE ALWAYS KILLED COWBOYS

Comment

light weight is best

I used a buffalo jawbone for a little while, but too heavy for me to make it look good. I just finished the beadwork on my new dance stick wich is 22 in. long that I turned out on a lathe myself,
                  its all about the beadwork and the feathers on the end

Comment

Originally posted by CherokeeScoutCB
                    I used a buffalo jawbone for a little while, but too heavy for me to make it look good.
                    __

CSCB:

You're supposed to take the rest of the buffalo off first. Then it won't be so heavy.

*L
                    Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by WhoMe
                      __

CSCB:

You're supposed to take the rest of the buffalo off first. Then it won't be so heavy.

*L

:34:

Comment

well I should have gotten the hint after he kept jumping out of my regailia box

Comment

aye hahahahahahahahahahahaha lol oh sorry that was entertainingwerdly enough anywase for my bro im going to take a buffalo jaw bone and wrap it in white buckskin and put a beaded rosset on both sides. also im going to make him a hopefully beaded stick and it will deffently have a golden eagle claw at the end with feathers on the stick hopefully around 10 or more. :D
                          Powwows my life style

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X