Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bustles

hey guys,
    I am beginning to draw up designs for my bustle. What do u think about a double-row bustle. The outer row consisting of turkey wing feathers and the inner row consisting of turkey tail feathers? All comments are greatly appreciated.
    Thanks for your time,
    Mike
    Last edited by sunbursthonor; 10-11-2004, 09:57 PM.
    Even YOU can change!

Sounds awesome to me dawg. Im going to get my double row eagle bustle soon. But it depends, if you lik ehuge bustles, and not much feathers, i would say to just make a single row, and put the tail feathers all at the bottom, that would look cool. If not then the double would be cool too. Im assuming you cant get hawk of eagle, so i guess turkey would be the cheapest way to go, money wise. But other than that, it looks as if your outfit is coming together. Make sure to post pics man. CONGRATS.....Zak~
    I'm interested more in self determination than gender equity. In other words, changing white men for white woman in the structures of power, does nothing to transform the opression in my community.

"You need to find yourself a girl, mate... Or, perhaps the reason you practice three hours a day is that you already found one and are otherwise incapable of wooing said strumpet. You're not a eunuch, are you? [looks down]"
    -Captain Jack Sparrow

Comment

hey Zak,
      Thanks for all the help, comments, and support that you are giving me. :clap: So, instead of having a double-row bustle have a single-row bustle with the two sides as turkey wing feathers and the bottom section as turkey tail feathers? Almost as acting like a turkey? Also, the reason I am trying to use turkey is because that is one of the native birds in North Georgia where I live.
      Thanks for your help,
      Mike
      Even YOU can change!

Comment

Hey man, no problem! So your going with the single row? That's cool, to tell you the truth, i have a single row now, but i rerally like the looks of a double row. But i also like the looks of the tail feathers at the bottom. Anyways, if you have anymore questions, you can always, chat with me. Msn: [email protected] Yahoo!: [email protected] Aim: [email protected]
        To just send an email, [email protected] would be the one to go with. Your welcome, Zak~
        I'm interested more in self determination than gender equity. In other words, changing white men for white woman in the structures of power, does nothing to transform the opression in my community.

"You need to find yourself a girl, mate... Or, perhaps the reason you practice three hours a day is that you already found one and are otherwise incapable of wooing said strumpet. You're not a eunuch, are you? [looks down]"
        -Captain Jack Sparrow

Comment

ive seen this befor at a powwow on the bottom of the bustle use tail feathers. then, on the sides use wings. put the wings on extionsion type things i cant remember what they called on bustles i makes the feathers exstend. onley make it to were the feathers move with the movement of your danceing. thats just something i think would be cool that ive seen a simular bustle befor :)
          Powwows my life style

Comment

That's what my bustle looks like, as i described above, the single row. But, the extentions, he is refering to, in called dowels, you can get them in various sizes at Lowes, Home Depot, etc. I would use yarn in stead of tape. Yarn makes it look so much nicer. Right now, im in he process of wrapping my eagle feathers, with a hemp thread, it looks bad. Peace \\//....

-Captain Jack Sparrow

Comment

Originally posted by redthunder
              That's what my bustle looks like, as i described above, the single row. But, the extentions, he is refering to, in called dowels, you can get them in various sizes at Lowes, Home Depot, etc. I would use yarn in stead of tape. Yarn makes it look so much nicer. Right now, im in he process of wrapping my eagle feathers, with a hemp thread, it looks bad. Peace \\//....
              yeah dowls i new that jks lol
              Powwows my life style

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.