roach care

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roach care

Hey, can some of you guys give me some ideas about roach care.
    I don't want to use the ACE BANDAGE anymore due to the fact that it is starting to cut the hair.
    I thought about using my little girls tights( If she don't get mad) but I don't think it will hold and it might do the same thing.
    Any help would be nice.
    Thanks DOKSHA
    Paul Flores
    " MY RICE CRISPYS TALK TO ME"

Hi Paul
    Do you have any old socks? I seen people use old socks to store their roaches. Did you run your fingers thru the hair to straghten them out. I seen some people use a whats called a roach stick to store them.
    Chi Migwetch, WPD
    Asema Is Sacred
    Traditional Use, Not Misuse
    Wakan Tanka please have compassion on me.
    OK Niji we are running a train with red over yellow at this powwow.

Comment

roach care

every couple of months you need to put some lubriderm moisturizer on your hands, go on either side of the hair, press your hands together lightly, and slowly pull up on your roach to keep it from drying out and cracking. if you do that you should'nt have any problem w/ it being on a roach stick wrapped in an ace bandage. my roach is a little shy of 50 years old and ever since i started lubricateing it has done it a world of good.

hope it helps

Comment

roach care

Thanks guys,I'll try using the moisturizer.
        My old roach has a ceder stick that has been shaped to help keep things tight.
        The new roach I just got didn't come with one
        so I'll have to make it.
        How well does the sock work?
        Does it stay tight?
        Again thanks for your input.
        DOKSHA
        Paul Flores
        " MY RICE CRISPYS TALK TO ME"

Comment

Hi Paul
          I would talk to the other dancers about taking care of a roach too.
          Asema Is Sacred
          Traditional Use, Not Misuse
          Wakan Tanka please have compassion on me.
          OK Niji we are running a train with red over yellow at this powwow.

Comment

I use both a sock and an ace bandage. I cut the toe off the sock so I can pull it off without going against the way the hairs lay. The sock does a nice job of keeping all the hairs flat and straight, but I wrap an ace bandage around the entire thing to keep it tight. So far, this has kept my roach in good condition. Every few months or so I also put some lanolin on my fingers and rub them through the roach hair before I put it away. This was a tip for conditioning the roach that I picked up fromt he lady who tied my roach. Hope this helps.

MWP

Comment

Has anyone tried one of those stay-in conditioners?

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.