right to chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• right to chicken

Last edited by danbear; 01-09-2006, 05:44 PM.

Originally posted by danbear
    . . . i have had several dreams of me in the circle dancing chicken and i was wondering does that give the right to dance chicken? . . .
    danbear,

Is your dream referring to "dancing in a Kentucky Fried Chicken round bucket?"

*L j/k *ndn humor

Actually I just received a good one-on-one lecture about "Prairie Chicken Dancing.''

There are many rules to this dance and it should be obtained by it's rightful owner's - The BLACKFOOT Confederacy (Blood, Piegan, Blackfeet or Siksika). You might consider travelling to Montana or Alberta to learn more about this dance before you attempt to do it.

Also know there is a similar dance that originated by the tribes of the Northwest. This dance is called the round bustle dance.

Both are similar styles but have different origin stories.

Because you live so far away, you may want to buy a copy of the new Blackfoot Confederacy CD. There is a good explanation of the Chicken Dance, Chicken Dance Society and Chicken Dance songs by the person who gave me the lecture.
    Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

Thankya

THANKYA FOR DA INFO i apprreciate it

Comment

You should do everything you can to make your dream come true. You should go to the people who own this dance and become initiated in a good and respectful way. Too many people ignore their dreams. Good Luck.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X