Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epolets and Visors

Si-Yo,
    How do you make these? I have tried a couple of different things, and nothing works! Please Help!
    Wa-Do,
    Mike Silent Warrior
    Even YOU can change!

Remember, these are just a few methods, and there are many looks that can be achieved through other methods.

Visor: Start with a round piece of cardboard. Lay feathers out on it in desired shape. Cut cardboard so quills fit in neatly. Cut another round piece of cardboard, and epoxy all of 'em together. cover with 2 round pieces of buckskin sewn into a "pouch" and stitch between the feathers. Hole punch the center for braid or double hole punch for ties.

Epaulets: Use above method to get feathers together. Bead large medallions (4-5" diameter) to attach as covers. Develop a method for attaching them to your regalia...(haven't thought that one out ever, so I have no advice).
    A tater tot is worth a thousand fries.

Comment

Visor: They method I know is similar to making a bustle. Use rawhide for your base. Put feather loops on you feathers and string them down like a bustle.

Epolets: Loops on the ends of the feathers. String them on using crow bead spacers along the primary. Use sinew and crow bead spacers for the secondary string as well.

Both items instead of tying them off to an upright you are tying the first feather to the last feather that is what controls the tension.
      The things you are doing today are the traditions of twenty-five years from now.
      -Daryl Baldwin: Miami

https://www.facebook.com/SpottedeagleFans

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Privateer6
        Ideas on Bustle making
        by Privateer6
        I am in the process of getting all the supplies needed to make a bustle. I have been using the Evans' book,but i've seen bustles with extenders, sinew and beads connecting the feathers, etc. Anybody has ideas on how to improve upon the Evans' book?
        For the extenders, is there some type of reccommended...
        07-23-2003, 11:06 AM
      • Summer_Rain
        Need Help with Bustle Back
        by Summer_Rain
        I am completing a bustle (for the first time) for my Fiance'. However Im having a difficult time understanding the instructions on how to attach the feathers to the board. Would some one be willing to send me a Close-Up Pictures of the back (Where the wire hanger is) ... I really wanted to have it...
        11-01-2007, 06:39 PM
      • Ego-hut-key
        How to make a Mess Bustle?
        by Ego-hut-key
        I don't know how to start a mess bustle, i've looked all over the internet on how to make one and there are no instructions on how to make one. So if anybody has any formation on how to make one I would really appreciate it.

Thank You

in ...
        05-03-2007, 05:58 PM
      • Orangel
        Eagle Bustle Contruction HELP!
        by Orangel
        Hello All! It's been a long time since I posted on here, so long that I forgot my old account info!

Ayways I been dancing for over 14 years and I made just about everything on a dancers outfit. I am not new to making fancy dance bustles but I have never made eagle bustles before. I just...
        06-29-2012, 08:24 PM
      • DreamsOfEagles
        Few Questions...
        by DreamsOfEagles
        Hello everyone..
        Just to introduce myself im a 21yo guy whos
        working on a fancy outfit right now..

first question is where is the best place to buy some good spikes at? i have a bustle kit that ive been practicing on from crazy crow, but dont think the feathers are that great......
        07-08-2001, 12:51 AM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X