Traditional Anishinaabe Dances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    No photos found.

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• nova13
    Need advise on dance and regalia
    by nova13
    I was never raised in my culture due to being placed in foster care at a young age. I am of Tsalagi, I've been spending time trying to learn more about my culture, and other native cultures as well. And I've had a growing interest in Pow Wows,and would like to preform. I know Tsalagi people did not...
    05-17-2020, 05:43 AM
  • beadinmama
    mom dancing- offensive or ok?
    by beadinmama
    heartfelt handshake.... I am hoping for some feedback from other female dancers on this question. My children are all enrolled tribal members, however I am not, I am white. Their father is a tradit.dancer and we are wanting to start our children out dancing, I make our families regalia and am working...
    01-03-2003, 01:54 PM
  • southern.native
    Help?
    by southern.native
    So I'm new to this site. Saw someone last weekend at the Chickahominy powwow with a T-Shirt on and decided to check it out. It's pretty cool! There are a lot of knowledgable people on here. There are a few wackos on here too but I guess that's a topic for another thread.

Anyway, to...
    09-25-2006, 05:31 PM
  • Robin_1
    WOW..is it wrong for ppl to wear...
    by Robin_1
    I never thought about it before til I read it on here.

IS IT WRONG FOR SOMEONE FROM ANOTHER TRIBE TO DANCE A DIFFERENT STYLE FROM THEIR OWN?

I know Northern people who dance Southern style and vice a versa. Is it wrong? I hope not.
    08-23-2003, 07:21 AM
  • BSABeads
    Regalia Advice
    by BSABeads
    I apologize ahead of time, because this will take a bit of explaining before I can get to my actual question. I'm involved in my local Order of the Arrow lodge through Boy Scouts. I was on their dance team as a Fancy Dancer as a youth, and have recently been asked to return as an advisor for the team....
    09-13-2008, 10:44 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X