• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WhoMe
    PauWau Coordinator
    • Jul 2003

Men with earrings

Do you have your ears pierced?

Do you normally where earring(s) when you are not dancing?

What type of earrings do you wear when you dance?

Do you think there will be a trend to have beaded earrings that match the rest of men's traditional dancer's outfits in the near future?
    Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.
  • Wojapi4Me
    Kili!
    • Oct 2001

[QUOTE=WhoMe;994510]Do you have your ears pierced?

Yes, both ears.

Yes, everyday.

Round, shell earrings.

Do you think there will be a trend to have beaded earrings that match the rest of men's traditional dancer's outfits in the near future?

I sure hope not. That would look sorta girlie on a guy I think. Stick with the shells or silver ones guys.
    I think everyone on this rez is addicted to Harry Potter...lol...

Comment

• chazziff
      is waiting ....
      • Aug 2004

my ears aren't pierced but my partner's are ... LOL

he wears silver hoop or sleeper styles everyday .. not the hoop style ones girls where not sure how to explain em but not the dangling kind LOL. occasionally wears pink or white shell earrings when he dances .. if he finds his or his aren't stolen (eitherly intentionally or not (hey can i borrow those for today?) but never bring em back LOL)

seen a couple of guys with huge beaded earrings to match their beadwork .. with rhinestones even. a little bit too feminine for my tastes HAHA
      Watch your broken dreams...
      Dance in and out of the beams of a neon moon

Comment

• Mud_Woman
        ~lethargic state of mind~
        • Feb 2007

Ive seen a few native men wear beaded earring outside the circuit. Nothing fancy. I dont know how to explain them either. I guess you'd call them the 'dot earrings', you know the beads in a cluster. Some Ive seen wearing those small white shells, or mini turquoise tear drops. Both ears being peirced.

thats what u get 4 breaking my heart...

Comment

• bob smiley
          me
          • Nov 2004

I used to wear a shell one. My ear was gauged so i had it on a small hoop that would close. my hole is almost closed now so i don't mear anything at all now.

Comment

• spottedeagle
            FANMAKR
            • Feb 2003

I wear a turquoise stud everyday. When I dance I normally wear the silver think they are called bobs. But I've been looking for something a little different, nothing femine.
            The things you are doing today are the traditions of twenty-five years from now.
            -Daryl Baldwin: Miami

https://www.facebook.com/SpottedeagleFans

Comment

• Dat1NdnGuy
              Aint Dat Sumptin?
              • Aug 2002

Yup, both ears pierced.

Usually just sport my REAL diamonds studs on a daily basis.

I have an assortment of Pink or white conch shell earrings as well as a couple abalone earrings. I also have the beaded earrings to match up with my outfit. So do most o' my bros.
              "Out greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, our greatest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us."

"Never Compromise yourself, Your all you've got"

"An eye for an eye will only lead to a blind world."

Comment

• anishtradish
                AnishTradish
                • Jul 2007

I wear shells when I dance, 2 in each ear. Then I just wear regular earings when im not dancing.
                www.myspace.com/anishtradish

Comment

• southern_xtreme2k5
                  Junior Dancer
                  • Jan 2005

i wear shells or others while dancing, and when im not i wear whatever i want like today im wearing some 4g black / red tapers oh yea!
                  SOUTHERN XTREME.....WE HERE NOW!!!!! www.myspace.com/southernxtremesingers

Comment

• Mud_Woman
                    ~lethargic state of mind~
                    • Feb 2007

My nephew wears turquoise mini tear drop earrings all the time. His mother put string through his ears and attached the turquoise. Very traditional.

He has both his ears peirced

thats what u get 4 breaking my heart...

Comment

• Eagle Plumes
                      Pow Wow Committee
                      • Sep 2005

Got nephwes and brother with pierced ears love it! I dont mind the look of the beaded ones. Theres so much colors and designs beaders can do so that in no way do they look girly.
                      I got a fevah! And the only cure is more cowbell!!!

Comment

• sookout sh'nob
                        Boogie Monster
                        • Nov 2003

I got ya'all beat!

I have a beaded stick for my septum with dentalium ends. I also have small "hanks" of beads waiting in the wings for when my ears heal up - nothin says i love you like a 0 gauge dermal punch for xmas!
                        Mii iw keyaa ezhi-ditibiseyaan

Comment

• Migiziwomen
                          YOU KNOW YOU LOVE THIS...
                          • May 2004

Originally posted by WhoMe View Post
                          Do you have your ears pierced?

lol, you mean how we match all our lil barrettes and stuffs?
                          A LABYRINTH OF FINGERS POINTING BLAME

Comment

• Traditional Rally
                            Traditional Rally
                            • Feb 2006

Do you have your ears pierced? no but I found some really good looking clip ons. i was gonna get them pierced but then i found them with the fronts being just a wire instead of a bulky metal thing.

Do you normally where earring(s) when you are not dancing? Nope

What type of earrings do you wear when you dance? I wear two inch bone eagle feather ones of other lil feather ones.

Heck Yes! I've seen it on some goot dancers and why not make everything match. i still might get em done tho.

Comment

• Coyot_In_The_House
                              BOULDERDASH!
                              • Aug 2002

Yes muh ears are pierced....

I wear Earrings everyday....Haven't danced in a spell, but I wore em....Wear em when I sing.....When muh hair was long I wore shells....But now I wear silver hoops....2 snaps and a twist!
                              "She also has a very soft skin. The only trouble with snake women is they copulate with horses, which makes them strange to me. She say's she doesn't. That's why I call her "Doesn't Like Horses". But, of course, she's lying."

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.