Need help with a roach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with a roach

I am recently working on my first roach i have ever put together. Now there is this problem i am afraid that when i tie the porky hair and when i put it together, i am afraid that when i use it that the hair will fall out is there any secret for this not to happen? I heard glue but what type of glue and all that... Please and thank you for your info.
    "Do not judge a man unless you have walked two moons in his moccasins."

I have been making roach for about 30 years and I have never had the need to use glue on one of my roaches. Both deer hair and porky are hollow so when they are tied they compress a bit at that spot. Porky hair should be damp at the area it is tied (the bottom third) to keep it from breaking but deer hair does need to be damp.

Hope that helps.
    PB49

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." Pablo Picasso

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift...that is why is it called the Present." Master Oogway - KungFu Panda

My comments are based on what I have been taught and my experiences over the years I have been around the circle. They should in no way be taken as gospel truths and are merely my opinions or attempts at passing on what I have learned while still learning more.

Comment

ahh okay now one more question i bought a kit from crazycrow cause i figured it would be a great way to start but i am now having trouble understanding how to tie the hair together they use some really werid knots and stuff is there a special way to tie to make it easier or is it just very time consuming as i expect it to be.

thanks

Comment

you nailed it...time consuming is right. That is what keeps guys like me busy. the knots they show in their instructions is the same one 99% of folks use to tie up a roach. There are a few other out there but I think they are hard to use and take even more time for no better results. CCTP's roach kits are ok (I would have suggested the one from NocBay but you already have it so too late) so just follow the directions and good luck. If you have never tied a roach before it will probably take you about a month of steady work so you better get at it. Good lcuk and post a pic when you are done so we can see it.
        PB49

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." Pablo Picasso

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift...that is why is it called the Present." Master Oogway - KungFu Panda

My comments are based on what I have been taught and my experiences over the years I have been around the circle. They should in no way be taken as gospel truths and are merely my opinions or attempts at passing on what I have learned while still learning more.

Comment

k thanks much for the info and i will after i am done

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.