Sonny Tuttle killed in auto accident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonny Tuttle killed in auto accident

Sorry to report that traditional dancer, Sonny Tuttle, was killed in a single vehicle accident near Hungry Horse on Saturday, July 25th. Sonny failed to make a turn, hit a guard rail, and rolled his vehicle. Sonny was a Lakota who resided in Lander, Wyoming, where he operated "Red Nations Art." He was 77.

In 1961, Sonny and I shared quarters in a rooming house in Albuquerque, where we both were attending the University of New Mexico.

Originally posted by Gledanh Zhinga View Post
    Sorry to report that traditional dancer, Sonny Tuttle, was killed in a single vehicle accident near Hungry Horse on Saturday, July 25th. Sonny failed to make a turn, hit a guard rail, and rolled his vehicle. Sonny was a Lakota who resided in Lander, Wyoming, where he operated "Red Nations Art." He was 77.

In 1961, Sonny and I shared quarters in a rooming house in Albuquerque, where we both were attending the University of New Mexico.

Gledanh,

I am so sorry to hear this. I have known him all my life.

Sonny Tuttle is credited with the origination and construction of the Indian Village at the New Mexico State Fairgrounds. He is also credited with helping to bring the powwow tradition to New Mexico.
    Last edited by WhoMe; 07-31-2009, 03:51 PM.
    Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

OMG, I can't believe that, I have known Sonny and his family for a long time and we used to travel with his dance troup in Wyoming and Colorado, I just seen him at Ft. Washakie powwow last month, my prayers go out to Brandy and her children.............

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X