Roach.. Crown??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roach.. Crown??

I dont know if this is the perfect place to put this but.. I have recently noticied a few dancers (northern trad and one chicken) with these little beaded crown dealies on the front of their roach... Have I just not ever noticied them before? or is this a new thing?
    Just curious what they are cuz they seem new to me,
    thanks

The ones I have talked to..use the Crown to support the hair on their Roach, and adds eye appeal to their Roach..they like their Roach to stand tall and proud..,--- They have a Roach where the hair more or less is laying low in the front (crowstyle).--Not all Roaches are worn flat.--I do not have that problem with the Roaches I make., But, some Roaches are made that way.This is my opinion,, there may be other reasons out there.

Comment

Basically, we're talking about the opposite of a spreader/rocker?

I can recall when the "in" thing was to have a roach with the widest spread, then the longest tail, then standing tallest...

I don't dance much, anymore, but have a roach that is medium spread, medium long, and medium tall. If I'm lucky, it will be like that dark grey suit we all have or buy, hoping that it seems semi-appropriate over about twenty years...

Comment

I wonder if these roach crowns will go the way of the women's crowns, in that they will get taller, Taller, TALLER?
        Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

in certain areas, people use them to "hide" or "distract" from a roach that is past its prime or out of style

Comment

So,..., if any of you dancers need to "prime-up".., send me a smoke signal...,

Comment

why don't you post a pic?

Comment

i dont have a pic in fact i dont even know if that is the correct term for them... lol im a straight dancer and i have never seen a straight dancer wear one...
                so that being said i havent talked to anybody in real life about them but ill look online and maybe i can find one
                Last edited by HaskellAlum; 03-09-2011, 06:59 PM.

Comment

haha i typed in roach crown on google images and a bunch of wrestler pics popped up?... idk
                  anyways i found one the profile pic of the facebook group powwow quotes is a dancer with one on

Login | Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by HaskellAlum View Post
                    haha i typed in roach crown on google images and a bunch of wrestler pics popped up?... idk
                    anyways i found one the profile pic of the facebook group powwow quotes is a dancer with one on

Login | Facebook
                    I know what you are talking about, sorry, my comment was to Roachman. He's coming in to hostile territory, most of us have allegiances to our roachmakers. If he's coming on here, he better bring his "a" game. So, roachman, lets see your stuff.

Comment

oh buh lol
                      whenever i get some extra cash, lol idk when that will be, I wouldnt mind getting mine redone, but i know that wont be soon and its good for now

Comment

iOWA_BOY.., i just sold one of my Roaches on here.., it on Trading Post, ..the 19" with fire colors.--Its a chollo Roach .., OH, YEAH, DID YOU SEE THE SALE PRICE?-- You ever hear the term.. theres a new kid in town?.., thatd be me..., By the way, Im finishing up on a 22" With red outside.. with 10" hair upfront.., I'll see if I can get a Pic here for you...,been on here for awhile, ask Wesley Windyboy about my Roaches.., Chollo!!!..,,,,,

Comment

Originally posted by Roachman View Post
                          ask Wesley Windyboy about my Roaches..,

Roach,

Did you make his light blue one?
                          Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

The one Roach he has from me, is multi colored,with some light blue, if I remember correctly. But, if its all solid light Blue, I dont recall making that one,.., and the other ones a white out...,---He refers people to my work quite a bit , I get calls from all over the states and Canada.., "highly recommended " is what they say..,Another well known tradish in our area (Northwest) that wears one of mine is "HAWK" Thunderhawk..,

Comment

lol. Nice

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.