Feathers , feathers , feathers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wardancer View Post
    Like Josiah , I agree that regalia items , especially feathers , should be out in the arena and not in some closet somewhere. This past month I've sent 4 wing fans and a couple bandoliers to family members for them to keep or re-gift. Seems though , the more I give away , the more I receive....hmmmm.....

And that's the way it's done!

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

Since your Family does not want to have anything with the regalia, my suggestion would be to give to another dancer(s) that you do know.
      sigpic
      R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

"I have an 80 yr. young Lakota friend that is in a similar situation. He has no children. He has a brother who is disabled and a nephew that doesn't dance. My friend has several outfits and is hinting that he may give them to me ! So now I'm trying to convince him that he should maybe find a youth group or somewhere to give them to. I can't wear all the stuff I already have. His words were , "I just want to make sure they go to real ndns and I know you'll make sure they do". What do I say to that ? LOL"

Sometimes we are only the care taker of things until we are told where they go, and it is just that simple...that being said there is always someone that needs outfits or parts to outfits on the trail... and not all of them are greedy... some are are humble and very thankful.. just pay attention and listen to what spirit tells you to do.. the connection between heart and mind usually is a good start. :) good luck with your venture. Be Well and Stay Blessed

Comment

I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
          It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

Originally posted by wardancer View Post
            What did you ask Santa for Christmas...and did you sit in his lap???

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
              It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

give em to any spiritual leader among your tribe.....explain that they will know what to do with them.....the creator will help them make that decision......tell them you would like them to hold on to some for some family if they choose to humble themselves for them....but if not they can use them as they wish
                "I on the trail of a possible good Indian lady and she is reported to like the old way's and she to believes in big family and being at home with kids all the time"... - MOTOOPI aka WOUNDED BEAR

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.