dance shield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dance shield

I bought a circle of thick, white, 16" diameter "shield" rawhide from Crazy Crow, and I want to make a dance shield out of it (the kind that wraps around a circle of wood or metal) but I don't know exactly how to make it. I know that you have to soak the rawhide, but I don't know how long. I also have some 14" mandella rings. I was also wondering if I should use sinew to lace it up with or should I buy some rawhide lacing? Please help:)
    Point to the part of you that's Indian... "The heart knows what it is." I may look like I'm white, but my heart knows I'm Native.

If you look through the archives we had a discussion on shields a while back, if I remember there were some good tips in there.
    The things you are doing today are the traditions of twenty-five years from now.
    -Daryl Baldwin: Miami

https://www.facebook.com/SpottedeagleFans

Comment

Point to the part of you that's Indian... "The heart knows what it is." I may look like I'm white, but my heart knows I'm Native.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X