Hows this sound??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hows this sound??

well any way, my name is Evan, n im from oregon and am 14 years old.I'm from the Kiowa/Comanche/Lakota/Cherokee nations but i also have adopted Makah. Last sept. (2003) i was bull riding n got bucked off and broke my neck.i dislocated c1 c2, shattered the disc tween c3 c4, n broke c4 c5 but i didnt get any damage to my spinal cord, just some swelling around it but i can walk almost normal again. but i cant ride bulls any more so im goin to start dancing in mens northern trad. one of my uncles is making me a double row bustle, he said cuz its my first 1, he's going to make it out of all goose or goose and hawk.if he is going to make the outter row w/ goose no matter what and im going to have him put white fluffs on the end w/ horse hair off the fluffs. then if we use goose 4 the center row then im going to have him put white buckskin circles on the end, but if we use hawk we're going to leave the ends plane. then 4 the center of the bustle im going to have him bead a medicine wheel then bead 4 eagle feathers off of the wheel, then light blue in the open parts of the wheel and around the wheel/feathers. then im going to have another uncle make me a 12" nat. color roach w. 2 spreaders that r beaded the light blue then the center of the roach to the end my grandmother is going to bead it light blue w/ a creators eyes and beaded eagle feathers down the center. then a blue ribbon shirt, then im going to carry a eagle fan in the left hand and a large medicne wheel my grandmother made me in the right hand. but do u know any web sites i can go to that show good pics of men northern trad. ragaila? specially the bustle i could use 4 a model. thanks alot, bye
    Strong Eagle
    Evan Ferns

i already got my ideas started i just wanted to see sum pics of others. and i've looked already in the powwows gallierys and they r good. i drew up a pic design of what i want in the middle of my bustle, so go to www.Indiancenter.net , but its the site of a center i belong to, the Southern Oregon Indian Center or SOIC, pernounced in abb. SO-ICk....but u navagate through the site, u should see the centers costom design. im going to use that cept the circle the sourounds soic im going to devide it up in the 4 colors of the four directions red,white,red, and yellow. then the soic letters im going to bead each letter 4 each of the colors,S will be red, O will be black,I will be yellow, and C will be White, then in the open areas of the inside of the circle w/ be light blue (the whole center beaded) then im going to use cananadian goose feathers 4 the outter row of the big row w/ white fluffs w/ dark horse hair off the fluffs then the innter row will be real hawk. then all the dowls w/ be a blue yarn. then my spreads will be beaded in a light blue like the bustle center then down the middle of the roach will be a big beaded eagle feather then 4 my two roach spreaders im going to use hawk. then 4 my fan will be hawk that one of my uncles is gifting me (along w/ the bustle and roach hawk feathers) then a big (1 1/2 ft from side to side medince wheel w/ a hawk feather in the middle. then a eagle feather im going to tie on to it that i was gifted. so it will be a cool ragailia! let me know what u think..thanks
    Strong Eagle
    Evan

Comment

Hau kola-

I prefer a single row bustle of eagle or hawk but if you dont have those goose are fine. Just make sure you straighten all of the feathers really well if not then the bustle ends up looking like crap. gatheringofnations.com has great digital full color pictures of dancers like Terry Fiddler and the like- its a great site for regalia ideas. Other than that, just think of a good color scheme for the outfit and good luck dancing!

Comment

colors

Sometimes I'll do a sketch and color it in with colored pencils or crayons or whatever is laying around. It can really help bring your ideas together and solidify your vision of the finished regalia.

Hope you get to eat the goose ;)
        Mii iw keyaa ezhi-ditibiseyaan

Comment

Hey, well first i'd like to say thanks 4 the help.My uncle that is building me my double row bustle said cause its my first one that he's going to make it out of the combo of goose n hawk. 4 the outter row im going to have him make it out of canadian goose w/ white fluffs and black horse hair off of the fluffs, then 4 the inner row im going to have him make it out of hawk (i fogot the name of it, the the kind w/ the black and white on the wings) but if not that type of hawk is avabile, then im going to have him make it out of Red Tailed. then 4 the very center im going to have him bread a design i came up w/, Then 4 my roach im going to have another uncle make me a 13 inch undied nat. color porky roach w/ 2 spreaders and a large beaded Eagle feather beaded from the 2nd spreader to the end of the roach. but 4 my roach feathers i was thinking maybe the Golden Eagle center tail feather that i was gifted about puting that on the 1st spreader insted of tieing it onto the wheel im gonna carry, then 4 the back spreader i was thinking of eaither putting to hawk feathers together on the same spreader or just use 1 hawk feather 4 it. but im not sure yet, i might just keep 1 hawk feather on each spreader and put the Golden on the wheel like i first thought...then my fan will be Red Tailed Hawk tail feathers.then maybe in a year my uncle said he might build a Golden Eagle bustle 4 me....but thanks 4 the help, i would like all i can get...thanks alot
          Evan
          ps- prolly in mid april when all this is done im gonna post some pictures

Comment

Hwah! Sounds sharp, those canadian goose feathers look almost as good as the goose meat tastes! ;) I have a couple of fans I made from a goose we ate last summer and have really come to appreciate their colors. Look forwards to those pictures.
            Mii iw keyaa ezhi-ditibiseyaan

Comment

Originally posted by sookout sh'nob
              Hwah! Sounds sharp, those canadian goose feathers look almost as good as the goose meat tastes! ;) I have a couple of fans I made from a goose we ate last summer and have really come to appreciate their colors. Look forwards to those pictures.
              Sounds very sharp. I'd be carefull of showing pictures on here but its up to you bro.

:D

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X