Whatch'yall think??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    No photos found.

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• blansan
    I don't get it
    by blansan
    What exactly is the difference between Northern and Southern Cloth Dancing or Drums or anything? Is it the location in the United States as divided like the Mason/Dixon line? There must be more to it than that. If I live in Tennessee (southern state) and am Cherokee would I dance Northern or Southern...
    01-28-2005, 09:30 PM
  • blufalo
    anybody from oklahoma?
    by blufalo
    is anybody here in oklahoma dances in southern cloth, i need to know whats involved in details and outfit accessories what i need to get, let me know and well get together. thanks
    08-13-2001, 11:54 AM
  • SMILEY WATTZ
    Southern and Northern Styles
    by SMILEY WATTZ
    So what is the difference between Southern and Northern Style of Dance, How did they get determined North and South, Pretty much, what is the history between the Two?
    11-29-2011, 04:33 AM
  • Niwiwan2005
    What qualities or conditions determines if a drum is southern or not?
    by Niwiwan2005
    The reason I'm posing this question, is because I've seen some posts that question the "southerness" of Hochunk drums.
    As far as I have been taught and what I have experienced, the Hochunk Nation's drums are straight-up southern, albeit, deep in woodland country. Please, tell me what...
    11-06-2006, 11:00 PM
  • Lakota Wiyan
    Questions For Ladies Souther Style Dancers
    by Lakota Wiyan
    Recently, at our tribes annual, we had several Southern Style dancers, both men and women, as well as three Southern Drums (yaay!). The committee decided to hold a special contest for this style of dancer, to show case them, because MOST of our elders never leave the rez, and dont realize the differences....
    08-10-2008, 12:06 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X