Delaware Powwow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delaware Powwow

I just want to bring up the Delawares of OK Powwow on Memorial Weekend. This year they are having one unbelievable prize give away. Check it out if you can.

They are giving away a Horse and other items for the First place.

Edit: I hit the button before I mentioned the Headman.
    I was sent a Flyer and noticed that Otto Hamilton is the Headman. Let's go and help him out if we can.
    Last edited by CHEROSAGE; 03-06-2006, 01:14 AM.
    BOB

The special contest you mentioned is a memorial in honor of Paulette Tallchief. Marty and Angie Thurman's mother. It is going to be two phase - one contemporary and one traditional as I understand it. Will encompass more than one day and has rules. Not going to be an easy one to win. Will be awesome to see though. Am looking forward to watching my kids compete.

Paulette was a wonderful mother and grandmother. She was a kind lady and is deeply missed by those that knew her.

Comment

more copan info....

My girlfriend, Johnna Blalock, is the head lady this year. She and her family are sponsoring a special stomp dance contest as well. This will be conducted on saturday night. Prize money is as follows:

Leaders Shell-Shakers
      1st-400 1st- 400
      2nd-300 2nd-300
      3rd-200 3rd-200

Spread the word! Copan should be a great powwow this year.

Other staff includes:
      Head Singer: Doug Donnel
      AD: Dude Blalock...im sure the dog pound will be in full effect lol
      www.myspace.com/powwowlicious

Comment

Originally posted by luvstraightdancrs
        The special contest you mentioned is a memorial in honor of Paulette Tallchief. Marty and Angie Thurman's mother. It is going to be two phase - one contemporary and one traditional as I understand it. Will encompass more than one day and has rules. Not going to be an easy one to win. Will be awesome to see though. Am looking forward to watching my kids compete.

Paulette was a wonderful mother and grandmother. She was a kind lady and is deeply missed by those that knew her.

luvs,

Anymore information on the rules? This sounds interesting.

Your son is one of my favorite up and coming staight dancers!

Yeah, I miss Paulette too. She was one of my lunch buddies.
        Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by WhoMe
          luvs,

Anymore information on the rules? This sounds interesting.

Your son is one of my favorite up and coming staight dancers!

Yeah, I miss Paulette too. She was one of my lunch buddies.
          No this is just what my daughter was told by a family member. There is definately two phases of competition - one contemporary and one old style. Will have to talk to the family and see if I can get more detailed info.

I do know that one individual has asked that his wife win, even offered to pay anything for her to win. He was immediately shut down and informed that this was going to be a fair contest.........so should be a good one!

Thanks for the compliment on my son, I think he is pretty awesome myself!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.