Otter Cap with roach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    No photos found.

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Str8Dancer49
    skinny otter hats/headbands
    by Str8Dancer49
    Hey all.... OK, I saw an old photo of Bacon Rind and some other Osages.... of course Bacon Rind was wearing his familiar otter hat, but some of the other men (actually looked to be in their late teens) were wearing what might be called "skinny" otter hats or headbands - the fur was about...
    03-16-2006, 07:39 PM
  • Str8Dancer49
    Skinny otter headbands....
    by Str8Dancer49
    OK, I'd asked this ? once before, but the thread got side tracked, and the couple of answers that I got were clearly in reference to the full-size otter turbans instead of the skinny otter bands...

In the picture below, posted by Historian in this thread, You can see the man to the sitting...
    10-09-2007, 07:34 PM
  • HaskellAlum
    Roach.. Crown??
    by HaskellAlum
    I dont know if this is the perfect place to put this but.. I have recently noticied a few dancers (northern trad and one chicken) with these little beaded crown dealies on the front of their roach... Have I just not ever noticied them before? or is this a new thing?
    Just curious what they are...
    03-07-2011, 10:05 PM
  • alumphfres
    Roach - Headgear Help
    by alumphfres
    Mitakuye oyasin

For the last 10 years, I've always secured my roach with my warriors braid. Alas, got a haircut, no warriors braid or any braids for that matter. Need a link to resource(s) to adapt current roach to one with headband while I grow my mane back out.
    07-08-2004, 11:41 PM
    Otter Hats and turbans
    by Guest
    I have seen some pictures of otter hats worn by straight dancers. The best one show what looks like no top to it. My question is this normal or can the hat be made either way.
    Thanks
    10-09-2003, 11:02 AM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X