Otoe Heluska

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Otoe Heluska

Does anyone know if they're going to have the Otoe Heluska? It's usually held around Christmas time. I heard they might not be having it, since the whipman passed away this summer.

WRONG! Otoe Eloska will be Dec. 20th, dance at 1:00 pm - supper at 5:00 - Santa for the Elders and children at 6:00.
    Intertribal dancing at 7:00 till ????

by; One of the Tail Dancers, New Whipman: Quinn Harragarra,
    Vernon's son but will be sitting out this year, Gary WhiteCloud will serve as Whipman this year, Straight Dancers welcome. Starting at 1:00 pm, no ndn time.
    this is all i have to say

Comment

Great glad to hear its still going.
      Last edited by travelingmocs; 12-19-2008, 02:13 PM.
      If I do not know the answer someone else will!!!!
      Also forgive me, this system does not have a spell check so forgive the bad spelling

Comment

The Otoe Eloska is alive and well in Red Rock, OK. Please see Pawtoeman"s response. Mike Kihega has taken over the spot of Drum Keeper since the passing of Vernon Atkins. Hope to see everyone there.

Comment

It went on last year too.
          The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Comment

Otoe Eloska

Hello Everyone.. I have been asked to reconfirm that we are still dancing on Saturday December 20, 2008 at 1pm. I am one of the women singers and I talked with the secretary this morning and we are still on for Saturday. So, Please come and enjoy and good couple of sessions of Tail Dancing. All STRAIGHT DANCERS WELCOME!!!!

Comment

I would love to come out since it is right down the road but I will be working while the dance is going on. I will be thinking of you all. Anyone going to be in White Eagle Sunday?

Comment

Otoe eloska

Hey pawtoeman, heard some bad things about your dance last weekend. Singing was not good, not many dancers, doing wrong things by just passing things to younger ones, some taildancing that have no right and honoring oleman plumley by his daughter who refused to go to his memorial dance.
                Whats wrong with them people, there loosing the last of there last ceremonial.
                Sorry but lost your phone number and address, thats why i on here.

Comment

???
                  Last edited by ponca49king; 11-29-2009, 01:06 AM. Reason: ???

Comment

Uppit, sorry that we haven't talked in awhile but with what went on at our dance, i'll talk with you at yours or my home later.
                    I really wasn't mad just dissappointed the way things went. And as for honoring dad, you know yourself what happened there but I will get in touch with you and mail you a new card. You need to get a PHONE, huh?
                    this is all i have to say

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X