Beadwork?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beadwork?

I feel a little silly asking this but a very good friend and respected elder of mine is working on a new straight dance regalia and he has done a lot lately for me and to help me. I would like to make him something specifically for his new regalia but beadwork is my specialty and I would like to bead him something and have NO CLUE what is involved in a straight dance regalia. Any help would be appreciated. I don't want a full run down of the regalia, just an idea of something small I could bead him as a thank you.

a nice set of matching 1 1/2" rosettes for his bandoliers might work...or some gourd stitched feathers for his tail stick...a small beaded bag/pouch that he can carry a few dollar in for specials or a taco is another thing.

There are lots of little beading projects on a set of straight clothes. Take a close look at the pics of straight dancers in the gallery and look for the small things that are beaded. You might find some keen ideas
    PB49

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." Pablo Picasso

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift...that is why is it called the Present." Master Oogway - KungFu Panda

My comments are based on what I have been taught and my experiences over the years I have been around the circle. They should in no way be taken as gospel truths and are merely my opinions or attempts at passing on what I have learned while still learning more.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X