Beadwork?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beadwork?

I feel a little silly asking this but a very good friend and respected elder of mine is working on a new straight dance regalia and he has done a lot lately for me and to help me. I would like to make him something specifically for his new regalia but beadwork is my specialty and I would like to bead him something and have NO CLUE what is involved in a straight dance regalia. Any help would be appreciated. I don't want a full run down of the regalia, just an idea of something small I could bead him as a thank you.

Here are some thoughts...

A big project for a straight dancer is the belt. Whenever you travel, you'll see a variety of different styles from concho to tack, concho-tack and even beadwork.

Another project that is a nice set of rossettes. I have a set of rossettes on my otter trailer. I've even seen others have small rossettes attached to their bandoleirs instead of charms.
    To get a true picture of your purpose in life, you only get the whole picture when you listen with your mind, your ears and your heart. This way The Creator has a direct connection with you and only you...no outside interference.

When you follow the will of IT that created you, understanding that your purpose is not for you...but for IT and all that IT has created, there can be no wrong except failure to be obedient. Only then do we jeopardize the gifts we are given.

Its not the final destination that defines us, rather the journey taken!

Comment

How 'bout a good set of blinders? That way they will keep going straight!

*L
      Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

side drops can be beaded, and that does look schnazzy, but tends to be a younger guys thing.

Rosettes are good, belt is good, also fans

Comment

Cuffs are another great idea!
          To get a true picture of your purpose in life, you only get the whole picture when you listen with your mind, your ears and your heart. This way The Creator has a direct connection with you and only you...no outside interference.

When you follow the will of IT that created you, understanding that your purpose is not for you...but for IT and all that IT has created, there can be no wrong except failure to be obedient. Only then do we jeopardize the gifts we are given.

Its not the final destination that defines us, rather the journey taken!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X