Mirror Boards and Arm Bands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirror Boards and Arm Bands

Could someone post please post pictures of thier mirror boards and the clasps on thier German Silver armbands.

Hey those are really nice mirror boards - Thanks for sharing !:)

http://spaces.msn.com/members/purplemartins/

Comment

WOW!!! They Are Awsome!!!!new
      Will
      (Nanticoke Lenni-Lenape)

Comment

One More from the Oklahoma Historical Society.
        I think?

http://www.powwows.com/galleries/sho...php?photo=4011

Comment

Thanks a million guys!

Comment

These are some very nice boards. Thanks for sharing them with us.
            BOB

Comment

is it easy to make Mirror Boards? Does anyone he make them?
              Will
              (Nanticoke Lenni-Lenape)

Comment

My dad makes them !

http://spaces.msn.com/members/purplemartins/

Comment

Mirror Boards Questions

Si'Yo!
                  Thanks for the beautiful pics of the mirror boards. I have a couple questions about them. I have never seen them used and wonder in what manner are they used? What Tribe or Tribes use them? What do they represent?
                  Thanks for your time.
                  Peace!
                  Traci

Comment

Mirror Boards Questions

Si'Yo!
                    Thanks for the beautiful pics of the mirror boards. I have a couple questions about them. I have never seen them used and wonder in what manner are they used? What Tribe or Tribes use them? What do they represent?
                    Thanks for your time.
                    Peace!
                    Traci

Comment

German Silver Arm Bands

http://catalogs.google.com/search?dq...page=44&zoom=3
                      if this link doesn't work, go to www.crazycrow.com, the armbands are listed on page 44 of their online catalog. Though they don't give any information about the clasps used, perhaps you can call their customer service and inquire about them.
                      Peace!
                      Traci

Comment

Okay, my husband is a straight dancer and I have to put his armbands on him so I will try to explain how the clasps on his work.
                        You slide the band up your arm over the sleeve of your shirt, and it has holes on it to tighten it to the point that it doesn't slip. The clasp is a rectangular band that slides over the end of the armband itself and keeps the piece with holes from popping loose. It should be worn below the bicep, with the sleeve of the shirt pulled up a little to make it blouse up some. They look best with a drop sleeve shirt, or one with fuller sleeves and cuffs.
                        Hope this helps!

PS-If you want to see what his look like, he is in our wedding pictures in the gallery under my name. They aren't closeup of the arm bands but you can get an idea of the effect from the pictures.
                        Last edited by 1dancing white wolf; 10-14-2003, 09:53 AM.
                        Rie

Comment

My bands are drilled to lace up. No pesky slides. A little easier to trade out ribbons as well. FWIW

Comment

It's Alive!!!!!

I don't usually surf through this thread...but peek in every now and again.

I've been working on a few mirror boards as of late and decided to look up some information here...I just have one question though....

How long is too long for a mirror board?

LSS
                            To get a true picture of your purpose in life, you only get the whole picture when you listen with your mind, your ears and your heart. This way The Creator has a direct connection with you and only you...no outside interference.

When you follow the will of IT that created you, understanding that your purpose is not for you...but for IT and all that IT has created, there can be no wrong except failure to be obedient. Only then do we jeopardize the gifts we are given.

Its not the final destination that defines us, rather the journey taken!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X