Roach Spreader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roach Spreader

Does anyone know where i can get a silver roach spreader?

Do you have a pictures of yours or someone elses Spreader?
    Will
    (Nanticoke Lenni-Lenape)

Red Blanket

Since you are getting your new roach from me let me suggest someone to you. Izzy Umscheid of Two Pony trading post out of Wichita, KS has killer silver spreaders in both one and two socket versions and they are sized to fit my roaches (since he is the one and only vendor I wholesale to these days). He carries really nice stuff and has tons of things from straight dancers like silverwork, beadwork, mocs and fingerweaving. Shoot his family even makes and sells custom 'clip and fold' ribbon work.

Here is his phone # 316-686-8147
    PB49

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." Pablo Picasso

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift...that is why is it called the Present." Master Oogway - KungFu Panda

My comments are based on what I have been taught and my experiences over the years I have been around the circle. They should in no way be taken as gospel truths and are merely my opinions or attempts at passing on what I have learned while still learning more.

Comment

Powwowbum has good advice. It is always better to see silverwork in person before purchasing but based on where you live that is probably tough.
      Brian

Comment

You really can't beat Izzy when it comes to good stuff. Reasonable prices and you won't find a nicer man in the world. It's about time he got some free advertising around here.

Sometimes he has some real kickin' belts ya know! :Naughty

Comment

Izzy has very nice things so if you can get in touch, I would. I'll echo how great guy he is. He deals some of my uncles things. Fine beadwork. They have beautiful ribbon work.

I have 2 spreaders, 1 is german silver(old), 2nd is a carved bone spreader. Both are very nice.
          BOB

Comment

Thanks guys I will Call Izzy next week to see if i can get on. I will tell him that he was highly suggested.

Thanks again
            Will
            (Nanticoke Lenni-Lenape)

Comment

Try that guy Chris Klink in Bastrop I think. Izzy is good but I know Chris does custom

Comment

spreder

ah yes...

you can find one at greyowlcrafts.com

and crazycrow.com

good dancing

Comment

I told izzy he needs a website.
                  There are 2 types of people in the world...
                  Really stupid people who think they are smart
                  and
                  Really smart people who think they are smart.

Comment

Roach feathers

I have a question; I'm getting my first roach and I have a metal spreader with two sockets. I'm going to be Sourthern Straight dancing and I need to know how to secure the feathers into the spreader. It has a thin rod in each socket and I guess that you push the quill of the feather down over the rod but is that secure enough and will it last? PLEASE help.

Comment

It should work just fine. I would suggest putting your feathers into the sockets before hitting that next dance so you can get a feel for how well it holds your feathers. Turn it upside down and shake it a bit and you will get a quick feel for if the feathers will be loose or not. You don't want to loose those feathers when you are wearing them!

Comment

Roach Spreader

Originally posted by Fat Albert View Post
                        It should work just fine. I would suggest putting your feathers into the sockets before hitting that next dance so you can get a feel for how well it holds your feathers. Turn it upside down and shake it a bit and you will get a quick feel for if the feathers will be loose or not. You don't want to loose those feathers when you are wearing them!
                        Fat Albert,
                        Wado, for the help. I figured that was how to do it BUT I wanted to be sure, also I know that after awhile the feathers will get loose and not so secure, so how do I keep them from coming out then?

Comment

I have not had any problems with my feathers. Just take care of them right and it will hold on. Make sure the rod is not too long for the feather's quill. I have seen guys that have not cut the wire to size so their feather sitcks 4 inches out of the socket or else they try and ram the feather all the way down and end up having a quill blow out. Neither are good. The best answer is to cut the metal to custom size. Also I have seen people bend over the top of the rod to make it a little wider when they slide the feather on. Holds pretty good it seems.

Comment

Wado Fat Albert,
                            You have been a big help. I hope to see you on the pow wow trail sometime, or maybe I already have. Again WADO

Comment

spreaders, feathers, and other stuff

I see I just need to get on here more often. I make spreaders, scarf slides, armbands, etc. etc. See if we can work something out. Check out LaQuay's Custom Metalwork Designs for all your cool dance stuff.

Thanks

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X