What straight dance is to me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    No photos found.

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• CEM
    Kiowa War Mothers Songs
    by CEM
    I'm somewhat new to Southern music and I had a few questions about these songs.

1. At the dance I was at last night, these songs were sung instead of round dance songs at the evening session. When else are these songs sung?

2. My knowledge of Kiowa vocabulary is pretty...
    04-02-2001, 01:33 AM
  • SmokeDancer
    Iroquoian Singing and Dancing
    by SmokeDancer
    Good Afternoon everyone, I've browsed this board may times but I haven't seen much info on my cultural dances. So to get the ball rolling what do the rest of you think about smoke dances as competition at many powwows up hear in the NY/NJ area?

I'm also interested in learning what everyone...
    06-29-2000, 05:24 PM
  • LSS
    Finding your voice vs finding the rhythm
    by LSS
    Just curious to find out from other singers what their learning experience was. I've found some singers find their "singing voice" a lot quicker than finding the "natural rhythm" of the song and vice versa. And then, lol...., I've found some who haven't found either one.
    10-29-2005, 06:29 PM
  • tradish_wiyan
    How would you describe "Southern Straight?"
    by tradish_wiyan
    A freind of mine was asking me what southern straight dancing was like. We are northern plains, and the best I could explain to her is "They kinda dance soft" ...she got a kick out of that, but it didn't help explain what it was like. Any suggestions? :rol...
    11-19-2003, 05:59 PM
  • WhoMe
    Let's talk tail dance sticks
    by WhoMe
    Tail dance sticks weren't originally for everyone. In days past, they were carried by men designated as "tail dancers and former tail dancers." It was a part of their designated position within their tribal "Man Dance Ceremonials."

Today, it seems most straight dancer's...
    12-16-2005, 04:16 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X