Prairie style clothes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prairie style clothes...

There is an old Moccasin Tracks magazine with an article on Prairie beaded aprons. Lotsa photos. I'll have to go look and see exactly which issue it was.

You might want to check the historical gallery here on the website. Mr. R & the webmaste put some Osage and other prairie tribe pictures up there.

CEM

Comment

That type of bead work is awsome I am learning how to do it my self. The otoes put out some awsome work them selfs. There are a few people who I would recomend so PM me or e-mail me and I tell you about them.

There is a tape put out by Full Circle videos, about that type of bead work. It seems nice I have not seen it yet.....
      If I do not know the answer someone else will!!!!
      Also forgive me, this system does not have a spell check so forgive the bad spelling

Comment

Just a question...straightdancerinaz.......what tribe are you?????

Comment

I am Otoe-Missouria. Not to sound like an old head or just a grouchy person. but coming from a tribe that wears that type floral beaded clothing, I feel it is disrespectful to wear these clothes and not be of these tribes or to have their permission to wear this type of clothing. Your clothing reflects your tribe and where you come from, and this is not doing that for you. You should be proud of who you are and where you come from. I'm not trying to be disrespectful to you, but this is the way that we are, and are taught to be. Let me know what you think...

Comment

I agree that anyone should wear their own tribal clothes or else been given the right to wear another tribes clothes. I don't agree with making an outfit out of a picture just because you may like the designs. Especially, Mesquakie and Sac & Fox clothes. They are probably like other tribes in the respect that the designs are family or clan related. It not said out of disrespect, but out of a sense of protection of one's culture and traditions. My family has dressed two people from other tribes and we did it at home so our respective tribal members could see that these people had been given the right to dress in our clothes in the future. Old school pow wow people are very touchy on this subject. I am sure your own tribal clothes are just as beautiful as these tribes you mentioned.

Comment

Glad to know that I didn't upset you or anything....hope all goes well with what you choose to do. To make it to suit you though, you should really try to come up with your own designs. It's a personal but still traditional way to make your outfit for you and only you.:chief:

Comment

Straight Dance regalia

Sounds good to me. Do keep us informed as you progress through a loooong effort.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X