Personal Songs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    No photos found.

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Pohonasin Gentgeen
    song rights
    by Pohonasin Gentgeen
    in looking at some of the other discussions, i thought this might make for a good one. have any of you ever had problems with songs you sing because you learned you didnt have "the right" to sing it??? for instance, my drum back home had a problem about a year ago because we learned a song...
    06-06-2000, 10:06 AM
  • WhoMe
    Composing So. Songs
    by WhoMe
    Have you ever composed a song?

Did this song ever get sung at a powwow?

How and where did you get the inspiration from?

Did you put it on a recorder to save it?

Did you add words to it?

Was it an intertribal or specialty song?...
    07-06-2006, 12:16 PM
  • pgowder
    Trick Songs
    by pgowder
    Are there certain songs that are designated as trick songs, or can the singers add a "trick" on any song? And if there are set songs, are the tricks set or are they up to the singers?...
    02-29-2000, 08:33 AM
  • ticocreek
    Honor beats and the last step?
    by ticocreek
    hey girls....it's been awhile since I've danced and am getting back into it. Anyhow, my questions are:
    1) how do you recognize an honor beat and what are you supposed to do during it, and
    2) how do you anticipate the last drum beat so that you can stop with that beat? Obviously, we don't...
    10-04-2007, 05:09 AM
  • akkdancer185
    Ponca Prayer Song
    by akkdancer185
    For a few months now, I have been unsuccessful in obtaining a correct phonetic spelling for this Ponca Prayer song. The song that I speak of is on the Millard Clark and Southern Singers cd from the National Veterans Powwow in 1998. I have a somewhat correct translation written down, but was warned...
    07-20-2006, 12:37 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X