The Boyz vs. Eyabay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boys vs Eyabay

The Boys scream; Eyabay sings. Eyabay started it; the Boys are trying to find it. The Boys use a different crew every week; Eyabay is going through a transition period but basically uses the same crew. But overall, Terry and Hoke are cho. They both can compose a song in their language, something a hell of alot of drum groups can't do. i.e. Mandaree, Midnite & High Noon.

Comment

Another one of these polls....Anybody that knows anything about singing and drumming knows that there are good singers and there are new singers.
      Both drum groups are from the same area, they've seen the same singers, they're both renowned in indian country and on the powwow trail. You can't say one singer is better than the other; there are only good singers and then the ones that are just starting out, new, not as experienced, but with time grow, learn and become good singers.

Comment

Leave it to the judges......when two drum groups meet at a powwow there are factors of what crew they have with them, what songs they are requested to sing, and whether or not they are having a good weekend or not.
        It's too hard to say what drum group is better than other another, just in general.
        Either way, these two groups can jam, everybody knows them and everybody likes them. Drum groups have to be respected in a manner where you can't just jump on their bandwagons one day or weekend and then jump on the other's the next. If you like them, then continue your support; buy albums and help them out, get out on the floor and dance when it's their turn to sing.

...that's so true....so, so true...

Comment

the boyz were good up in ft. duchesne, but, im goin ta have ta say that eyabay are the best!! keep up those voices guys!!
          I see angels, Mickey. Their comin' down for us from heaven. And i see you ridin' a big red horse, and your driving them horses, whippin' em, and their spittin' and frothing all long the mouth, and their coming right at us. And i see the future, a vision of death, cuz u and i, we're angels. . .

u never really know how much lyfe means too u. . . until one leaves u alone

~*chokecherry wishes & frybread dreamz*~

Comment

Tha Boyz!!!!!!!

Comment

eyabay is by far the best
              have drum &drumstick........will travel

HAU! KODAS!

Comment

22nd Annual Mesa Pow Wow
                Admission to the Pow Wow is FREE of charge.

Saturday and Sunday
                October 29 & 30, 2005
                Pioneer Park in Mesa
                526 E. Main Street

The 2005 Mesa Pow Wow will be held in the memory of long-time organizer and emcee Roy Track, who died April 24, 2005.

Friday night concert, with Clan/Destine, 6 p.m.
                Saturday: 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
                Sunday: 11 a.m. to dusk

The Mesa Pow Wow is an inter-tribal Native American gathering that is open to all. Its main feature is a dance competition in a number of categories for men, women and children, and the event also includes approximately 100 Native American arts vendors, children's activities and authentic Indian food.

Dance categories will include, for male dancers: Fancy War Dance, Grass Dance, Southern Straight and Northern Traditional; and for female dancers: Fancy Shawl/Jingle Dress, Cloth/Buckskin Northern, and Cloth/Buckskin Southern. There will also be Junior categories for ages 8 to 16, and a special category for Tiny Tots (age 7 and under).

Emcee: Chuck Benson
                Arena Director: Wayne Silas Jr.
                Host Northern Drum: Woodstock (Utah)
                Host Southern Drum: Chris Dinehdeal
                Host Gourd: AZ Gourd Socirty
                Blessing of the Grounds: Gary Koshiway
                Head Man: to be appointed each day
                Head Lady: to be appointed each day

The Pow Wow is sponsored by 21st Century Native American and Mesa Parks and Recreation

Comment

Originally posted by J_Arthur52
                  22nd Annual Mesa Pow Wow
                  Admission to the Pow Wow is FREE of charge.

Saturday and Sunday
                  October 29 & 30, 2005
                  Pioneer Park in Mesa
                  526 E. Main Street

The 2005 Mesa Pow Wow will be held in the memory of long-time organizer and emcee Roy Track, who died April 24, 2005.

Friday night concert, with Clan/Destine, 6 p.m.
                  Saturday: 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
                  Sunday: 11 a.m. to dusk

The Mesa Pow Wow is an inter-tribal Native American gathering that is open to all. Its main feature is a dance competition in a number of categories for men, women and children, and the event also includes approximately 100 Native American arts vendors, children's activities and authentic Indian food.

Dance categories will include, for male dancers: Fancy War Dance, Grass Dance, Southern Straight and Northern Traditional; and for female dancers: Fancy Shawl/Jingle Dress, Cloth/Buckskin Northern, and Cloth/Buckskin Southern. There will also be Junior categories for ages 8 to 16, and a special category for Tiny Tots (age 7 and under).

Emcee: Chuck Benson
                  Arena Director: Wayne Silas Jr.
                  Host Northern Drum: Woodstock (Utah)
                  Host Southern Drum: Chris Dinehdeal
                  Host Gourd: AZ Gourd Socirty
                  Blessing of the Grounds: Gary Koshiway
                  Head Man: to be appointed each day
                  Head Lady: to be appointed each day

The Pow Wow is sponsored by 21st Century Native American and Mesa Parks and Recreation
                  NUKKIN FUTZ!!!!
                  shoulda started it in the powwows talk thread huh?? LOL
                  Mens inhumanity to each other is surpassed ONLY by what women do to each other.
                  <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
                  Quote: "I blame it on my youngnessness..." BTH
                  DEATH TO ALL LURKERS!!!! ME

Comment

Eyabay is tha way better than the boyz

Comment

eyabay kills !!

man ive been listing to eyabay since i can remember . but the boyz are still the **** ., but im a loyale eyabay fan im not gonna turn my back on them now??? ahwhoahh

Comment

I think that the boyz are good but eyabay can jam out and they have some of the best leads.

Comment

Eyabay is one of the best period! no matter who else name you put against em. I remember when these katz first started singing, nobody knew who they were, and they just blew everybody away with their unique style of songs, and powerful voices! In my opinion two drum groups changed the way powwow music sounded back in the day....and Eyabay is one of them....BIG UPZ TO EAYBAY! BRING IT BACK FELLAZ!

Comment

The Boyz vs. Eyabay

EYABAY....come on now....that's easy
                            Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true!!!

Comment

I dont know. The Boyz were sounding good here in Prairie Island. I dont remember if I voted haha.
                              Mr Oakley was here

see my powwow videos here...
                              www.youtube.com/oaklee84

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X