Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anderson
    replied
    I wish they would get Cam Hill to sing smoke dance because that guy can giver!

Leave a comment:

• smoke_dancer_20
    replied
    Originally posted by sewatahon'satat
    forget the drums

forget the dance contest

run a smoke dance contest only

all u need is one singer
    LOL.....come on gun...hummm maybe just have someone sing smoke dance songs all day right from 12noon until 10 pm......LOL....i'm done after two or three songz....hehehehehe.....NAW the powwow categorys and drums is what makes the powwow!!!!!...smoke dance is just a added contest ......unless you think iroquois did have powwows one time ago!!!j/k*L*

Leave a comment:

• ndnsooner
    replied
    Buffalo Horse is going to be there.....

Leave a comment:

• sewatahon'satat
    replied
    Originally posted by nmiishdiye
    pretty sure they dont have a host, co-host, or guest drums at this powwow

they use the money they save on drums and give it to the needy dancers
    forget the drums

forget the dance contest

run a smoke dance contest only

all u need is one singer

Leave a comment:

• nmiishdiye
    replied
    pretty sure they dont have a host, co-host, or guest drums at this powwow

they use the money they save on drums and give it to the needy dancers

Leave a comment:

• smoke_dancer_20
    replied
    Originally posted by Kiwehnzii
    Check out their website. No, I'm not going to look it up for you.
    ........OK here it is!!! http://www.canab.com they have alot of other things going on in the skydome too......not just the powwow....but fashion shows , lacrosse skills contests , and all different kinds of side shows!!!!........so who the heck is going to the skydome???
    Last edited by smoke_dancer_20; 11-16-2005, 12:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• chief swingin beef
    replied
    who's host drum

Leave a comment:

• Kiwehnzii
    replied
    There are a few choices of where to go that weekend. It is American Thanksgiving weekend. Most notably, Indio, California. This p/w is on the calender on here and has top adult dance prizes of $1200 - 1000 - 800 - 600 - 400. Awfully tempting for comp. dancers. Nice weather too, although the p/w is inside.

Wherever people may go, they'll have a good time with some good singing. Check out their website. No, I'm not going to look it up for you.

Leave a comment:

• Eastern Cree
    replied
    Really

Well it good to hear what's happen with powwow news, but is War Scout going to defend there title!!?? Is Bear Creek going this year or sit out again, same with Whitefish Jrs?!!? Is Northern Cree thinking of a no show cause of last year performance. Is High Noon going to surprise people and show up again?

What's the word in the circle?

Leave a comment:

• The_HULK
    replied
    Originally posted by Kiwehnzii
    The old drum coordinator? That would be me. I too am glad they changed. I was not happy the way things turned out either. I thought, as soon as I heard Northern Cree blasting out a warm-up, ....... man, them guys are going to be right up there in the contest. Turns out they woulda been if they didn't have guys missing drum roll call. No matter where ya go, drum roll call is a part of the contest. Every competing drum knows this. I am not one to ignore this. I treated every drum fairly. I wouldn't have been there all years if I didn't run a fair contest.

I'm sure that Rod is going to do an excellent job.

The committee should start changing the other staff. Same ones all the time. Some of the head staff are committee members.

Anyways, I'm not here to defend myself. I'm here to congratulate Rod on being selected as the head dude. He brings a wealth of experience to the Skydome powwow and wish him and all the singers well.

Thanks Hulk for not being all too critical. I'm an ole goat anyways. Wouldn't even bother me.

I'm glad I didn't come off as offensive, that wasn't my intention.

I think that Toronto Skydome is a good powwow, and has the potential to be a great one, once again.

I agree that you (Kiwehnzii) have ran that contest fairly and did so with great experience, but contest powwows nowadays, I think, need to have a regular change of pace. Just to prove to some people that the powwow is being run fairly every year regardless of what the "rumor mill" is stirring up.

I doubt that you could be considered an "ol goat" yet, aren't you the one who continually is a top competitor in traditional and other categories? With those moves, you have a ways to go before the "ol goat" stamp is on you. lol

I applaud the way you bring integrity to the contests that you run. Keep it up!

AHO

Leave a comment:

• Kiwehnzii
    replied
    The old drum coordinator? That would be me. I too am glad they changed. I was not happy the way things turned out either. I thought, as soon as I heard Northern Cree blasting out a warm-up, ....... man, them guys are going to be right up there in the contest. Turns out they woulda been if they didn't have guys missing drum roll call. No matter where ya go, drum roll call is a part of the contest. Every competing drum knows this. I am not one to ignore this. I treated every drum fairly. I wouldn't have been there all years if I didn't run a fair contest.

I'm sure that Rod is going to do an excellent job.

The committee should start changing the other staff. Same ones all the time. Some of the head staff are committee members.

Anyways, I'm not here to defend myself. I'm here to congratulate Rod on being selected as the head dude. He brings a wealth of experience to the Skydome powwow and wish him and all the singers well.

Thanks Hulk for not being all too critical. I'm an ole goat anyways. Wouldn't even bother me.

Leave a comment:

• The_HULK
    replied
    Glad to see they finally got a New Head Drum Judge.

No offense to anyone who might regularly post on here that might take this comment the wrong way, but hopefully this is the breath of fresh air that the drum contest needed to turn this pow-wow into a "must attend" for every pow-wow'er.

The past years have been focussed too many on other things other than the actual Singing Contest.

Again, to no fault of anyone in particular, but, people will be less inclinded to say anything about someone who doesn't have family regularly compete in the contest.

AHO
    Last edited by The_HULK; 10-13-2005, 01:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• star_lodge_singers
    replied
    StarLodge Singers will be there for sure!!!

Leave a comment:

• chazziff
    replied
    haven't heard bout any1 goin - but make sure they make drum roll call!!! - 'member that whole northern cree fiasco last year ... laz roan is head man dancer though ...

Leave a comment:

• Eastern Cree
    started a topic Skydome 2005

Skydome 2005

Any Groups out there hitting this years Skydome powwow?

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X