Sumo

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whats your complaint about recorders around the drum.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats your complaint about recorders around the drum.

singers, singers family or spectators sitting by the drums.

what makes you start to growl or frown about recorders.

I know everyone has got an opinion about this.

...GoT GreaSe?...

www.Grease.It.Ayye.com
    RezinInc

sigpic

here is my complaint and suggestion for the recorders.

When I'm Down Beating, I seem to whack a recorder or person directly behind me. and after i whack someone with my drum stick i just about lose the rythm(spelling?)

so i suggest recorders give us some room. please. or at least duck or move when you see that drum stick coming at you. thank you.

...GoT GreaSe?...

www.Grease.It.Ayye.com
    RezinInc

sigpic

Comment

My complaint is when recorders record all weekend, and then put out a c.d for sale without the drum group's consent.

I know there is a lot of issues and opinions with this, but fact is, if you are a singer and are travelling around on your own coin, and someone comes along and literally steals those songs it just isn't right.

If you are a recorder and not a singer you can say the songs are for the people and what-not.

I look at this just like someone taking songs from like a Metallica, Eminem, or Johnny Lang and sell their live recordings for profit.

*There are 2 sides to every coin!

*A man can be as great as he wants to be. If you believe in yourself and have the courage, the determination, the dedication, the competitive drive and if you are willing to sacrifice the little things in life and pay the price for the things that are worthwhile, it can be done. - Vince Lombardi

*Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work. - Vince Lombardi

Comment

what bugs me are recorders, or even people WITHOUT a recording devices, come rushing in "the running of the bulls in Spain" when a certain groups start singing!! leaving behind a wide space of knocked over drinks, food, chairs tossed aside like a small tornado came threw!! and sometimes crying lil kids cuz they just got pushed over so they (the recorders) can get closer!!

this is the main reason why i no longer sit beside ANY drum ... my partner used to sing with the likes of high noon, blacklodge, blackstone, wild horse, fly-in eagle so the recording crowds were huge!! and may i say VERY VERY rude ...
        Watch your broken dreams...
        Dance in and out of the beams of a neon moon

Comment

The only complaint that I have is sometimes with all the recorders around,what little breeze there may be, doesn't get to the drum because of everybody standin' around!! Personally, I like the recorders being around. It makes you feel like a rock band or something.........it gets you pumped up.........makes you wanna jam out to please the fans.But I also understand the spectators viewpoint also.........it gets hard to see the p-wow with all the people standing around.

Comment

Originally posted by stillrezin
            here is my complaint and suggestion for the recorders.

When I'm Down Beating, I seem to whack a recorder or person directly behind me. and after i whack someone with my drum stick i just about lose the rythm(spelling?)

so i suggest recorders give us some room. please. or at least duck or move when you see that drum stick coming at you. thank you.
            I have smacked my fair share of recorders on the downbeat. Fortunately I have managed to keep my beat going.

One lady had the nerve to stare at me all ugly after she got smacked on the lips while I was downbeating.

Another time we were sitting near the grand entry area and were singing the grand exit song. While the dancers were going out I did a downbeat and hit a guy's recorder out of his hand and it flew in the path of the dancers, then the batteries came flopping out and rolled all over, it was cool.
            It is so sad that a family can torn apart by something as simple as a wild pack of dogs.

Comment

At powwows where they are using wireless mics, the people standing around the drum interfere with the signal of the mic. Also ya just can't jam while someone is pushing up against your back holding a recorder over your head. No breeze, no movement, no space.
              Plus as some powwows, you will have points deducted (at some powwows with drum contests) for people recording or standing around your drum (like you can help it)

Annnnnd you might even lose your wallet by some handy dandy pick pocket, or have feathers broke (those of us who come to the drum after dancing)

People just need to give the drums some space, ennit!
              Save the Drama For Your Mama.

Caution, I have a lifetime supply of wooden spoons and know how to use them.

Just remember to only way to fix stupid is termination.

Comment

I agree with MNX that a singer can feed of the crowd and the ppl around the drum recording or watching, rock star feel.

and the breeze is pretty much gone.

and cant forget the one who are pushy and bump into ppl and bump into the singers.

smacking a recorder with a drum stick is a hazard for the person standing too close.

some of those recorders need to show some respect for the kids and parents and especially the old ppl sitting next to the drums.

all good replies.

...GoT GreaSe?...

www.Grease.It.Ayye.com
                RezinInc

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The_HULK
                  I look at this just like someone taking songs from like a Metallica, Eminem, or Johnny Lang and sell their live recordings for profit.
                  Who is Johnny Lang?!?!?! lolol jksjks
                  www.myspace.com/powwowlicious

Comment

Complaint about recorders around drum...

The only complaint I have about recorders is:
                    1) they show lack of respect for back up singers. They all stand around and won't make room for back up singers. If they do make room, it's barely enough room for back up singers to blast or all fit in and sum are left behind to sing behind a row of peepz. *LOL*

Comment

Originally posted by song_bird_woman
                      The only complaint I have about recorders is:
                      1) they show lack of respect for back up singers. They all stand around and won't make room for back up singers. If they do make room, it's barely enough room for back up singers to blast or all fit in and sum are left behind to sing behind a row of peepz. *LOL*

Yeah ur right....gots to give love to tha back up singers....Ill clear a path you aight
                      www.myspace.com/powwowlicious

Comment

From a tapers POV.

I tape drums that I like to hear for personal listening pleasure. Yeah, I have the CDs but the live stuff sometimes comes out better.

I was always considerate of the drum and their family around them. I would leave plenty of room while still getting up close, but some idiot would cram in front of me. I could start a song right up at the drum and finish about 5 people back.

Then there is the people that just push their way in and stand there while looking everywhere but at the singers. wtf!

But seriously, give them room, if you are so close that you get hit, you deserve it.
                        There are 2 types of people in the world...
                        Really stupid people who think they are smart
                        and
                        Really smart people who think they are smart.

Comment

Actually, I don't have a complaint. I never drum hopped in my life...LOL I sat behind drums a time or two...but dang the powwows musta been really small cuz all I saw was the drum bunnies...LMAO
                          sigpic This is how I dance when your standing next to me...

"Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Dogs of War..."

Comment

Originally posted by Chevy_truckin_NDN
                            Actually, I don't have a complaint. I never drum hopped in my life...LOL I sat behind drums a time or two...but dang the powwows musta been really small cuz all I saw was the drum bunnies...LMAO

LOL.....drum bunnies.

i like that.

...GoT GreaSe?...

www.Grease.It.Ayye.com
                            RezinInc

sigpic

Comment

lmao @ drum bunnies ..

yea half the "recording" crowd dont even HAVE a recording device .. lol .. just standing around to stand around. or chicks tryna look cute for the singers that arent even lookin at em!!
                              Watch your broken dreams...
                              Dance in and out of the beams of a neon moon

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.