intertribal acquisition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    No photos found.

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• WhoMe
    Composing So. Songs
    by WhoMe
    Have you ever composed a song?

Did this song ever get sung at a powwow?

How and where did you get the inspiration from?

Did you put it on a recorder to save it?

Did you add words to it?

Was it an intertribal or specialty song?...
    07-06-2006, 01:16 PM
  • WhoMe
    Written Powwow Music?
    by WhoMe
    My father is a song maker. His father was a song maker and his father was a song maker. As they passed these songs down, there was no written form of music to learn from. Yet, each knew hundreds of songs. I would estimate my father knows over 600 songs from different tribes and genres that he has stored...
    02-11-2011, 12:06 PM
  • TKMJ Productions
    Songs in Your Head
    by TKMJ Productions
    Ever get that special song by your fovorite drum stuck in your head at the wrong time and can't get it out? It happens to all of us at one time or another. Don't you just hate it when it wont stop? Ever try changing songs to make it stop and find it doesn't work?

Let me know your feelings...
    05-11-2006, 10:38 PM
  • WhoMe
    Personal Songs
    by WhoMe
    I just finished listening to a powerful song that belongs to the late Tom Charging Eagle. YouTube - Midnite Express singing Tom Charging Eagle Song @ GON 2010. In the video, this song was rendered by Midnight Express.

Both Northern and Southern tribes and drum groups compose "personal...
    03-31-2011, 11:37 AM
  • akkdancer185
    Ponca Prayer Song
    by akkdancer185
    For a few months now, I have been unsuccessful in obtaining a correct phonetic spelling for this Ponca Prayer song. The song that I speak of is on the Millard Clark and Southern Singers cd from the National Veterans Powwow in 1998. I have a somewhat correct translation written down, but was warned...
    07-20-2006, 01:37 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X