Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newest drummer

Just sharring a proud Mommy moment:
    I was at a Symposium at the University yesterday that the Native student center puts on every year. Near the end the big drum came out and the Men sang. At the first sound of the drum my baby (he is 10 months) stopped what he was playing with and toddled right up. So the Men took him in. He was so cute. As a baby I am right there doing everything with him, but it was nice to stand back and watch the Men look after him and just feel so happy that he knows where he belongs.

Next on his list... Snaggin!!!
    I'm innocent I tell ya!!!

Comment

Originally posted by soopashinaab View Post
      Next on his list... Snaggin!!!
      :LOL: No he's my baby, he has to stay my baby!...sides i already got 2 kids looking to try their hand at snaggin...it just may make me may make me get a gray hair yet.

Comment

That's really sweet. You should be proud!!! It's amazing how the little ones respond so quickly to the drum. They hear it before their born and it's a familiar sound to them. And you're right, it sounds like he knows where he belongs.

Comment

Originally posted by SuzzeQ4 View Post
          :LOL: No he's my baby, he has to stay my baby!...sides i already got 2 kids looking to try their hand at snaggin...it just may make me may make me get a gray hair yet.
          I've got a teenager... and my share of gray hair!!! LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by soopashinaab View Post
            I've got a teenager... and my share of gray hair!!! LMAO
            lol, well I'm still waiting on mine but my Aunty doesn't have gray any so I may end up stressed out with nothin to show for it.
            but my sweet little baby will just keep makin me happy and proud like he did on saturday; right??

Ya know what though, them Women who want to drum are missin out on one of the few times when the Men are lookin after the boys while we finally have a chance to sit down, relax and say "ya, that's boy over there"
            Last edited by SuzzeQ4; 01-26-2009, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuzzeQ4 View Post
              lol, well I'm still waiting on mine but my Aunty doesn't have gray any so I may end up stressed out with nothin to show for it.
              but my sweet little baby will just keep makin me happy and proud like he did on saturday; right??

Ya know what though, them Women who want to drum are missin out on one of the few times when the Men are lookin after the boys while we finally have a chance to sit down, relax and say "ya, that's boy over there"

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.