X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby Singers

Hey yall...
    Well I wanted some advice...
    My son is 20 months old and he loves to sing Indian songs, all kinds, not just powwow... But I really want him to learn to sing at a drum, however, I don't have anyone to teach him. None of his immediate family members are singers, and I am a woman, so how can I help my son learn when there is no one to teach him? And he is not the kind of kid that will sit at a drum without his Mom or Dad. Should I just wait til he gets older and hope that he will learn somehow? You advice is appreciated... Aho!
    *~*Age*~*

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Khioye_Mayi
    Baby Singers
    by Khioye_Mayi
    Hey yall...
    Well I wanted some advice...
    My son is 20 months old and he loves to sing Indian songs, all kinds, not just powwow... But I really want him to learn to sing at a drum, however, I don't have anyone to teach him. None of his immediate family members are singers, and I am a woman,...
    03-28-2009, 12:15 PM
  • RezDawg
    Curtis Assiniboine
    by RezDawg
    A buddy of mine just came and seen me and told me Curtis Assiniboine has passed away...If you didn't know Curtis, he was a great MC and singer, he mentored me in my MCing when I first got started and did many pow wows with him. He was also the lead singer of the legendary Assiniboine Jr.'s drum group...
    08-11-2008, 04:32 PM
  • heynicci
    An Indian Father's Plea
    by heynicci
    I do not want to infringe on the copyright rules and regulations, I do want to tell you that Robert Lake wrote this article. Robert Lake (Medicine Grizzlybear), a member of the Seneca and Cherokee Indian tribes, is an associate professor at Gonzaga University's School of Education in Spokane, Washington....
    07-25-2010, 12:26 AM
  • Zambo
    Trying to get a friend to care about his culture and people
    by Zambo
    Well my friend is half white-half Dine/Comanche/Apache/Cherokee, really he looks to most folks like a blue-eyed white dude with a very good tan, anyway I was talking to him one day and asked if he would try to enroll and join the Navajo nation.
    He told me no and said that he didn't want to he...
    01-13-2007, 04:40 AM
  • MissFancyChick
    Prayers For Dan Nanamkin
    by MissFancyChick
    AS REPOSTED FROM Sign in to One Heart for the People - One Heart for the People
    www.oneheartforthepeop...x=1&page=1

What I have learned as of this evening from his sister Shelly....

Our good friend Dan was in a serious car accident on Monday night in Oregon....
    04-16-2008, 02:11 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X