Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• old_schooldancer2004
    replied
    I was always taught to look nice whenever I sing. I always wear pants and a nice shirt. Sometimes at Pow-Wow when I don't sing, I'll dress in a tee and shorts, but I usually dress the same all the time.

Leave a comment:

• TacO5000
    replied
    Dudds

We Southern NDN'z have a way of dressing when we sing... mostly Cowboy dress or nice pants.... Remember we sit in the middle mostly so everyone sees us..... I mean Every One! I was in Commanche Country on time and I see a Commanche (young guy) wearing Shorts....He Knew better than that.... I am surprized that An Old Lady didn't come out and Scold Him? Basic We Know better..... But there are a few ppl that do any ol' thang.... and like I said everyone see em'...

Leave a comment:

• old_schooldancer2004
    replied
    Sometimes I dress like this at Pow-Wows when I sing.

ayez!

Naw, I'm just playin.

Leave a comment:

• old_schooldancer2004
    replied
    When I sing, I usually a nice button-up or collar shirt. I wear a hat, but its usually wore straight on or backwards. I'm not the "gangsta" dress like person. Sometimes, I'll wear a bandana, but I don't wear it like a "gangsta". I usually keep it simple.

Leave a comment:

• kneegrow_native
    replied
    I wear a submissive S&M outfit minus the gag ball.....LOL

Leave a comment:

• mountaindew
    replied
    I like to see singers dressed in long sleeved dress shirts, nice dress pants or jeans, boots or dress shoes, hats (if they have them). I really hate seeing how some of the younger ones dress nowadays. BUT, how you dress doesn't really affect how you sing.

Leave a comment:

• Kiwehnzii
    replied
    Originally posted by Red Blanket
    Button Front Shirt or Polo Shirt.
    What brand? What do you recommend? Is Hilfiger too gangsterish?

Leave a comment:

• Red Blanket
    replied
    Dressing to sing

I am either in my Straight Dance Suit or Jeans, Boots, & Button Front Shirt or Polo Shirt.

Leave a comment:

• Innocently_evil
    replied
    Originally posted by Kiwehnzii
    Just once, just...............once, I'd like to see an entire drum group show up all dressed in the style of the "Blues Brothers". Just once.

LOL..the thought of that just turns me right on.... :bouncy:

Leave a comment:

• LSS
    replied
    Originally posted by Kiwehnzii
    Just once, just...............once, I'd like to see an entire drum group show up all dressed in the style of the "Blues Brothers". Just once.
    Goot Goo-Ga-Li-Goo! :rofl2:

I'd love to see that too

Leave a comment:

• Kiwehnzii
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Native_Sooner
    replied
    I was taught to always wear jeans. But i think it is important to wear ur best cause ur showin respect to that drum. U dont jus want to go out to the drum wearing wat ever cause u dont want to show disrespect.....thats jus wat ive been taught.

Leave a comment:

• LSS
    replied
    I typically wear long pants, my dress/casual black shoes, and short sleeve zip up or button up polo shirt. I have trouble finding shirts that don't restrict my arms. But, when push comes to shove, and I find one, I'll where a long sleeve button up shirt. Whatever I normally wear to large family gatherings on either mom or dad's side is what I'd wear to the drum, if not better.

I never dress bummy. But, I have seen my peers do so. And truthfully....its very tacky and disrespectful. It irks (sp?) me to no end when guys walk around w/ saggy britches! I'm like dude, I deal with this at school 5 days a week...not now please!

Leave a comment:

• Innocently_evil
    replied
    Originally posted by Singerdad
    You should "dress" to the come to the drum. Dress nicely. Wear the best you have with you
    I totally agree with you here..... have respect for yourself and the Drum...

Leave a comment:

• katezninen
    replied
    my little girl decided the white shirt would look prettier with red jello on it ......

awww

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X