Jim Anguoe's Song

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Anguoe's Song

Is there anyone out there (and I know there is) who knows the meaning to the Jim Anquoe Song and don't mind sharing it with me. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post it here.
    To get a true picture of your purpose in life, you only get the whole picture when you listen with your mind, your ears and your heart. This way The Creator has a direct connection with you and only you...no outside interference.

When you follow the will of IT that created you, understanding that your purpose is not for you...but for IT and all that IT has created, there can be no wrong except failure to be obedient. Only then do we jeopardize the gifts we are given.

Its not the final destination that defines us, rather the journey taken!

does the song have words and what tribe are the words.
    :indian2: MIRROR MIRROR ON THE WALL, JEAN CLAUDE VAN DAMME IM FINE:muscles:

" say what I feel, I say what I think, I say what you do not like, Yet for some reason what I say is somewhat correct" Chief Big Beef 1999

Comment

to my knowledge...they are Kiowa, but I'm no linguist.
      To get a true picture of your purpose in life, you only get the whole picture when you listen with your mind, your ears and your heart. This way The Creator has a direct connection with you and only you...no outside interference.

When you follow the will of IT that created you, understanding that your purpose is not for you...but for IT and all that IT has created, there can be no wrong except failure to be obedient. Only then do we jeopardize the gifts we are given.

Its not the final destination that defines us, rather the journey taken!

Comment

Originally posted by LSS
        to my knowledge...they are Kiowa, but I'm no linguist.
        __

LSS,

In times past, Jim has used someone elses song when he was honored.

Would you mind humming it to me and maybe I'll recognize it and can give you a better answer.

*L

Anywayyyzz. . .His drum is going to be one of the host drums at the Gathering this year.

__

Remember that song in Smoke Signals called, "John Wayne's Teeth?"

What does that mean?

*L

j/k
        Last edited by WhoMe; 12-29-2004, 06:07 PM.
        Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

LSS,

Some of the usual suspects in DC will know. Let me know if you need contact info.

Hold it down in NC.
          "They go out, kick butt, shake your hand and walk off the court." -- Sportswriter and longtime UNC supporter, Art Chansky, on Coach K and the Duke Blue Devils

"I could give a sh*t about North Carolina right now." Roy Williams, April 7, 2003

Comment

Well If its the song im thinking of there is 2 versions a vocable version and a one with Ponca words that proceed after the 3 downbeats
            If im right in thinking that the song im thinking of is the one your refering to LSS when i have been asked to sing it or have heard it sung at the families request it is sung without the words and there is a story as to how the family recieved this song and why their is a Ponca version so...........but being that im not an anquoe or Ponca im gonna quit here !
            Don't get too Wakan - 'cuz yer not.

Comment

^^^quit It Guy!!!^^^ Jks....

Comment

Originally posted by FO_SIZZA_MY_NIZZA
                ^^^quit It Guy!!!^^^ Jks....

Like dat analysis Marty?

Comment

well....if it aint your tribe or you got nothing to do with that song...leave it alone...shhhhh! just leave it alone. Waaay
                  :indian2: MIRROR MIRROR ON THE WALL, JEAN CLAUDE VAN DAMME IM FINE:muscles:

" say what I feel, I say what I think, I say what you do not like, Yet for some reason what I say is somewhat correct" Chief Big Beef 1999

Comment

^^^fine I will^^^........LOL..........WHAY !!!

Comment

Yeah,

I know the song you are referring. Its not the song with the Ponca words thats his fathers song. Your best bet is to learn it from Jim. I would give you the words and translations but I dont think an open forum on the net is a place to post folk's family songs. Besides, if he wants you to sings it, you should know him well enough to get the words from him.

Comment

If I'm not mistaking I think the meaning of his is in Kiowa Compossed by His Father. I think his songs mean that his parents are glad he came safe for the service. But I'll find out for you if you really want know i can find out from him.

Comment

I like Brown Hornets idea better.
                          "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

Originally posted by Mato Winyan
                            I like Brown Hornets idea better.
                            Word , my native sista!

Comment

Last edited by PoncaPride; 01-03-2006, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X