where's all the southern groups,have they all retired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where's all the southern groups,have they all retired

Hey folks where are the southern drums have they retired or what.

What?

Now what exactly are you talkin' about? There's southern drums still out there, you make it sound like there aren't any southern drums anywhere. Are you talkin' about in your area, or old time southern drums? 'Cuz your question of where there at confuses me.........
    Put me in tha rez with crazy N-Dens and I'll survive
    Put me in tha city with crazy Whites and I'll die

Comment

Southern Drummer.......

There are plenty of southern drummers still here. Stoney Creek is a southern group. The are playing on Mar. 12 at Wilmington.

You have tons of southern groups. Get into the powwow circuit and you'll see a lot of them popping out.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken there cowboy, Stoney Creek sings northern, and sings very well. Although they have a southern song or two in their repitoire.
        Last edited by SmokeEater; 03-10-2005, 06:03 PM.
        ***Edited for explicit content***

Comment

They do sing northern but they are a southern group....Of course they are an intertribal drum. And yes they do sing northern very well. I was speaking more in location.

Eyabay is southern though correct? Haven't heard from them in a while though.

Comment

*LOL

Cowpoker/Topatoya/carlson are presumedly the same person under different names.

All have been banned from this website.

Neither of them know very much about powwows and come in here to get a rise. . .

"They can't answer your posts"
            Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

Location has nothing to do with being a "northern" or "southern" style drum. Granted they are from south of the Mason-Dixon, but they are a northern drum.

Eyabay is not a southern style drum, nor do they sing southern. They're from Red Lake, Minnesota if I'm not mistaken, and they sing northern. And that is as far north as you can get in both respects.... but then again they are south of Canada.

Comment

I just realized I responded to a thread started by him.

Comment

LOL, dang I'm stupid. I responded to that dumb a$$
                  Put me in tha rez with crazy N-Dens and I'll survive
                  Put me in tha city with crazy Whites and I'll die

Comment

xxxThere are a whole bunch of awesome southern drum groups out there such as Cozad, Sizzortail and Young Bird that do a lot of traveling around... look for a group call Southern Outlawz... they are from Shiprock,NM and they rock! Keep it up guys!!!
                    "~~<~~~Miss Nikita~~~>~~"

http://www.myspace.com/kitagal is where i be lol

Comment

Originally posted by WhoMe

*LOL

Cowpoker/Topatoya/carlson are presumedly the same person under different names.

All have been banned from this website.
                      Cowpokee and Cowpoker are the same people? too stupid.....

Comment

Big suprise; I was wondering that on another thread!

Comment

Southern Outlawz are major Major MAJOR.
                          ...jus put on Mandareeeee....

Comment

Stoney

Yes be careful witht that Topatoya as he has used the names Stoney too. And for some they see that without realizing it is not Stoney Creek (the Drum).

I had posted a thread giving his over 25 aliases so you could watch out for him but it got deleted for fear that he would come on board defending his aliases and other crap.

The best way to deal with him and to aviod him is read the posts and watch the grammer, spelling, and content use as you can spot him easily by his writting style regardless of the name being used; then don't respond and report the post immediately!
                            Last edited by Lowry Gang; 03-21-2005, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.