Wanna Be's or could be's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being Humble

Singing is a powerfull thing, and I see alot of people, white and indian just get out there and beat the hell out of the drum and try to sing. Now I am no expert on singing. But there is alot being lost out there at the drum. I do not think it shoud matter as to what your skin color is but how hard you work to sing the right way.

Now some indians will yell at me for what i say, and thats fine they have that right. But I hear veteran songs being used for contest and all types of stuff going on around a drum that should not happen. As BH said singings need to learn about being humble and respectfull to the drum, and learn to be a servant to the dancer
    Last edited by travelingmocs; 05-27-2004, 04:53 PM.
    If I do not know the answer someone else will!!!!
    Also forgive me, this system does not have a spell check so forgive the bad spelling

Comment

expert huh......LMao

Comment

Originally posted by ndn_ave
        go help them out .................................AYE!

I agree with you , if they can't sing help them out, everything happens for a reason, so obvisioly they're there to learn, Creator knows what's best he will ultimatly let you know what to do...

Comment

Originally posted by travelingmocs
          Singing is a powerfull thing, and I see alot of people, white and indian just get out there and beat the hell out of the drum and try to sing. Now I am no expert on singing. But there is alot being lost out there at the drum. I do not think it shoud matter as to what your skin color is but how hard you work to sing the right way.

Now some indians will yell at me for what i say, and thats fine they have that right. But I hear veteran songs being used for contest and all types of stuff going on around a drum that should not happen. As BH said singings need to learn about being humble and respectfull to the drum, and learn to be a servant to the dancer
          Veteran songs as contest songs?? you must started those contest songs? Depending on certain songs the way you sing it, makes it either a war dance song or veterans song. Take my family song for instant when you sing it stright(No Words) it is a song that can be used for intertribal or contest. If you throw the words in it then it becomes a veteran song....
          When it comes to beating the drum there are drummers and there are singers. I have been told to sing as hard as I hit the drum. Thas what I do. After a weekend of singing I can hardly talk thas how I do it ya know!

Durty
          give good sing hard and try not to fart infront a fine flat butt babe!

Comment

Horse dung!!!!!!!

I think Singing bad *** Is full of horse dung!!!!!!!!!
            Sorry only kidding!!!!!!!
            NOT REALLY!!!!!!!

Comment

Sorry web master But Horse Dungg!!!!!!!!!

Don't let insiders say the wrong title!!!!!!!!

Comment

what makes me mad is when there is a good singer on a drum and he gets mad at the head singer and decides that he is goin to sit at the drum with his mouth shut and drum off beat. And I hear the other guys on the drum saying that he is just trouble, and he is! Thats my two!
                Why we dance.........
                we dance to pray, we pray to heal, we heal to live, we live to dance!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X