Caring for Drum Heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    No photos found.

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• stillrezin
    suggestions for the "recorders" problem
    by stillrezin
    since we all know that recorders and spectators can be a good thing and bad thing.

In the past i seen a few pow-wows have the host or invited drum area blocked off. only drum judges and women back-up singers allowed around the drums. I also seen a few drum contests have the drums get...
    07-12-2006, 01:41 AM
  • Gledanh Zhinga
    "Smart phones" at the drum
    by Gledanh Zhinga
    My wife and I are in the "Elder 70+ dance category." Admitting that we may be somewhat old fashioned, but we returned from a last night's powwow where a few of the singers were iphoning at the drum. One lady singer at the gourd dance drum was really into it, probably on the internet, even...
    01-03-2010, 11:31 AM
  • took a look
    How to make a quality hand drum
    by took a look
    How to make a quality hand drum

The drum has been significant to all native nations for thousands of years. It is a sacred item. The drum is man's connection to the earth, and symbolizes the life force of creation.
    For centuries the drum has been used to amplify the voice and...
    02-25-2002, 09:02 AM
  • jackson_1900
    Painting a drum
    by jackson_1900
    I bought a 26 inch bull hide drum a few weeks ago and I was thinking about painting it but am unsure what type of paint to use. It's 14 inches deep so it has a deep loud tone to it, I never had a painted drum so I'm worried that the sound will be different after it's painted. should I use acrylic paint...
    10-21-2010, 10:00 PM
  • WhoMe
    Drum turn offs
    by WhoMe
    Lots of good drums have come and gone. Lots of you are singers who have sung with different drum groups.

What are some of the main reasons why you won't sing with a certain drum anymore???
    03-15-2011, 03:06 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X