Drum Making

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drum Making

If you look at a lot of the southern drums, they have some type of colorful strip around the rim of the drum. Can you tell me what this is and what its purpose is...I would imagine it is to add additional protection to the hide from wear and tear from the drum sticks...but does anybody know what it is?
    SouthernDrumSinger

Originally posted by SouthernDrumSinger View Post
    If you look at a lot of the southern drums, they have some type of colorful strip around the rim of the drum. Can you tell me what this is and what its purpose is...I would imagine it is to add additional protection to the hide from wear and tear from the drum sticks...but does anybody know what it is?

Suthern,

It's colored duct tape.

The edge of the drum receives the most wear from drum sticks. So to extend the life of a drum, duct tape is applied around the outer edges.
    Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernDrumSinger View Post
      it means it was blessed in a secret drummer / singer ceremony , you can do the same form your drum just get some duct tape from walmart lol
      SOUTHERN XTREME.....WE HERE NOW!!!!! www.myspace.com/southernxtremesingers

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X