Singing Songs Correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    No photos found.

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• HeyDad!!
    Dance Progression
    by HeyDad!!
    I know that like other songs there are slow medium and fast songs. When singing these songs how should one proceed? For example say your singing 7 or 8 sets, should the first and second be slow, the 3rd slow - medium, 4-6 medium, and 7 and 8 fast?

Thanks....
    06-26-2000, 04:09 PM
  • ScarFace
    Friendly competition???
    by ScarFace
    Come on there's nothing wrong with a little friendly competition among drum groups. After all most of all groups know and get along pretty well with eachother. There may be some exceptions but that just adds to the contest. Now I don't want to hear from you winer's about how "real powwow singing...
    11-22-2001, 05:19 AM
  • LSS
    Is there a difference?
    by LSS
    With the present day emergence of "Drum Groups", do any of you guys notice a difference in the way people sing?

What I'm getting at is when I'm sitting at the "Center Drum" I've noticed a good number of people not singing hard, or at least so it seems! I know with...
    04-02-2006, 03:35 PM
  • fallendancer
    singing other nations songs
    by fallendancer
    Has anybody been to a powwow where a drum group that is not from your nations is singing in your language. For example, a Mohawk drum group singing cree songs. Furthermore, they are not singing the words right and miss-pronouncing every single lyric. What are you thoughts about this.
    08-23-2002, 08:49 AM
  • Tvskekee
    Wrinting songs in languages you do not know..
    by Tvskekee
    BPlenty replied to a post in another thread and I think it merits its own topic so here it goes.

There are many drums out there who are "writing" songs without the proper knowledge of what they are doing and even worse, they are writing songs in languages they do not know....
    11-07-2000, 10:01 AM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X