• spicysouthern
    replied
    he juss went out and recorded a new cd i hear

Leave a comment:

• WhoMe
    replied
    Yup and nope!

______

I'm talking about the Grey Horse drum from Tulsa - Jack Anquoe lead singer.

He made some absolutely, killah' fancy dance songs!

Leave a comment:

• theepowwowchic49
    replied
    Gray Horse or Grey Horse

WhoMe you talkin about Gray Horse of Oklahoma City Jack Anqews drum?

Leave a comment:

• WhoMe
    replied
    Grey Horse used to have it going.

They had a unique sound for their time. If they could get together all the good singers that have sat in with them, they would still be on top.

They were the first southern drum for most northern plains powwowers to hear.

They were also one of the first southern drums to have a title for their "drum group" like the northern drums.

Leave a comment:

• Gah-Gah!
    started a topic Where'd that sweet sounding drum go?

Where'd that sweet sounding drum go?

Reading through the "Dropping like Flys" thread made me think of lost drums.

Are there any drums out there that no longer exist that you miss hearing them at the powwows?

One's that would get you saying to yourself.. "If so~n~so were here they would tear this powwow up!!"

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• WhoMe
    What? No Host Drums?
    by WhoMe
    There is a powwow in Tennessee that called to ask for some advice.

They said they wanted to do something different this year.

Instead of host northern and southern drums, they want to instead have a drum contest.

They said they would offer $4000, $3000,...
    04-18-2006, 02:14 PM
  • billyjoejimbob
    History of the Drum
    by billyjoejimbob
    I can never find anything when I try a search so this may already be on here somewhere.

When did the DRUM itself come to being? When was it first used?

When did hide drums take over for bass drums? Did bass take over hide first?

Are hide drums REALLY more...
    02-06-2007, 05:01 PM
  • Gledanh Zhinga
    General comments: drums and drum making
    by Gledanh Zhinga
    Just sitting here not googling anything, and wondering how the hethuska and like organizations have changed over the years. I see in Fletcher & LaFlesche that the drum used to be at the periphery of the dance circle, to the right of the door maybe 150 years ago. I wonder what that drum looked like....
    06-04-2010, 09:52 PM
  • ReeDaMan
    Most Humble Drum Groups
    by ReeDaMan
    Who do you think is the most humble drum groups? The drum groups that rock the house, but still are down to earth people who treat other singers with equal respect. I've seen alot of drums that get successful, and forget what it was like starting out, and think they are better than everyone else....
    05-31-2004, 03:01 PM
  • TacO5000
    Drums
    by TacO5000
    What kind of tone of a drum do you like to sing with? what size, and what kind of stands do you perfer? Who makes keen drum? what kind of hides do you like?

I was gonna make a which good looking singer has the biggest gutt thread but we have too many of them so here one...
    09-24-2005, 08:45 AM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X