Contemporary Southern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    No photos found.

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Native_Sooner
    Who would u pick Southern Boyz or Youngbird??
    by Native_Sooner
    Who would u pick?? 2 well known southern groups but which give u the chills when u hear them?? Youngbird or Southern Boyz??
    Youngbird
    0.00%
    Southern Boyz
    100.00%
    10-16-2004, 05:24 PM
  • Niwiwan2005
    Traditional VS. Contemporary
    by Niwiwan2005
    Over the last 25 years, there has been quite a bit of innovation among the Northern style of singing. In your opinion, what types of innovations have occurred among the southern style of singing. I realize that southern style is steeped in a rich tradition from the various tribes of the southern plains,...
    04-04-2007, 12:43 AM
  • powwowroad_49
    Midnite Express singing Southern Style
    by powwowroad_49
    2 weekends ago I saw Midnite Express sing a two-step song and a regular southern straight song. Let me tell y'all, Midnite can JAM southern songs. THey sounded [email protected]$$ when they did. I personally think that Midnite enter a southern singing contest just once.
    07-31-2003, 06:04 PM
  • Kiwehnzii
    Northern singing southern
    by Kiwehnzii
    What do you all think of a northern drum (not naming names) singing primarily southern tunes?
    I don't like it but my opinion don't matter.
    I'd like to hear specifically from singers from the southwest or Northern singers.

I should add that this group is Ojibwe.

06-26-2001, 08:54 PM
  • WhoMe
    Tails
    by WhoMe
    Thinking back, I remember when southern drums sang intertribals, they included a tail at the end of each song. (*Applying to powwows not man dances).

Hmmmm?

If a southern drum was being judged on "true" southern singing criteria, shouldn't they sing a...
    05-25-2007, 02:22 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X