No announcement yet.

Old Glory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also think that indian songs with english lyrics are korny, accept at a good 49, but when you hear this song sung by these guys it is not so bad. Although I agree that a good flad song followed by a traditional vererans song is the best.

Comment

flag song

Singerdad
      She is not kidding. Heard it a couple of years ago. Floored me. But I do consider the source

Comment

What do you mean when you say that you consider the source?

Comment

haha i am just laughin at the thread

Comment

yah, stuff like that aint nothing. Just a song. If they want to sing flag song with englisg lyrics, let them. I was recording a son from another drum when this one came on. I just happened to get it on tape. I don't think that it is a big deal. Also if I remember the drum only had about 5 guys singing with them. They sounded pretty good though.
            Last edited by singingboy; 12-04-2003, 12:14 PM.

Comment

the groups name red bird

they do alright i suppose

Comment

I guess they use to have a really good group. Now they seen to have a shortage of guys. Once they had about 10 guys and they were not to shabby. They were singing some pretty old southern songs. I have no clue where they learned them, but I know that they were old.

Comment

Hey, I know the song that you are talking about. Red Bird is the drum that sing that song. I have known them for awhile and everytime I go to a dance around here Im always looking forward to hearing them sing that song. :Thumbs

~By the way what powwow did you see them at??
                  At some point, you have to make a decision. Boundaries don't keep other people out. They fence you in. Life is messy. That's how we're made. So, you can waste your lives drawing lines. Or you can live your life crossing them. . .

Comment

DeUnDaGa, its in Custaloga Town in Pennslyvania ..spitting distance from ohio. .they are were invited to play again this year

Hoopster

Comment

Nobody thought to ask - Are these guys Indian? Is hoopster Indian? What about singing boy?

Akron? Pennsylvania?

Invited to play?

It all adds up to ....................

Doesn't it?

Comment

Yes, I said invited to play. .you know Asking a drum to come out to sing. ..I mean You can't just have a pow wow and expect to have drums. .Western Pennslyvania isn't the exact center of the native world. ..so if you wanna pow wow and have a good time, I would expect some one to ask drums to come. ..

Comment

i think what he is getting at is that the correct terminology is asked to come sing

its not band know what i mean?

Comment

Do you go to De Un Da Ga every year?? I do, its my favorite dance(b-day weekend) anyways I wonder if I have ever seen you before. Well I'm pretty(positive) sure that Red Bird will be there again this year. I think that the guy who wrote the song is named Sid Dingman(sp*) but I'm not sure.
                            At some point, you have to make a decision. Boundaries don't keep other people out. They fence you in. Life is messy. That's how we're made. So, you can waste your lives drawing lines. Or you can live your life crossing them. . .

Comment

I've been going there for I guess 6 years now with the exclusion of 1 year. ..

Hoopster

Comment

The Redbird Singers sing it and have been for a couple of years. The song says ''Oh the stars and stripes are waving over usa, Old glory flys today.''(but thats only part of the song) Yeah and Jingling is right, the song was wrote by Sid Dingman the former head singer of the Redbird Drum of Ohio. My dad (Curt Baltzer)is now the head singer, and Sid is the head singer for the Redbird Sr. in Florida.

and yes we were asked to come and sing again so if youre goin see you may.

Lindsay
                                Last edited by Fancy Maiden; 01-08-2004, 04:14 PM.
                                Why we dance.........
                                we dance to pray, we pray to heal, we heal to live, we live to dance!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X