Fans of powwows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fans of powwows?

So I'm working on my senior paper and the topic course is "Fan Culture". Anyway, I was having a hard time thinking about what to do this 15-20 page paper on and so what do yall think about me doin it on powwows?

I'm love powwows, as we all do, apparently... so would yall consider yourselves to be fans of powwows? Or is fandom to be strictly applied to mass media? Let me know what yall think?
    *~*Age*~*

Come on. Anybody? Or is this topic just too nerdy, jk...
    *~*Age*~*

Comment

Originally posted by Khioye_Mayi View Post
      So I'm working on my senior paper and the topic course is "Fan Culture". Anyway, I was having a hard time thinking about what to do this 15-20 page paper on and so what do yall think about me doin it on powwows?

I'm love powwows, as we all do, apparently... so would yall consider yourselves to be fans of powwows? Or is fandom to be strictly applied to mass media? Let me know what yall think?
      This website has been around since 1996 and in the archives is every question ever asked about powwows including the questions you have posed
      So my suggestion is to read those archives and I bet my next paycheck you will stumble on the answers you seek
      Of course that may take awhile I know I read alot of those archives myself
      The search function is similiar to google

My advice
      ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
      Till I Die!

Comment

okay, thank you. That is very good advice. Although i kinda wanted to generate a new discussion... I admit i didn't think of looking in the archives... so thank you for bringing this to my attention
        *~*Age*~*

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• SpeakingOwl
          Muckeshoot powwows?
          by SpeakingOwl

There are number of rumours going around in regards to the various powwows held at Muckleshoot. I am looking for the staight scoop or poop on the upcoming powwows. Is Veterens powwow still on? when is it? and what about the other powwows?
          Enquiring minds need to ...
          05-22-2009, 01:22 PM
        • mreyna
          colorado powwows?
          by mreyna
          Pow Wow Visitor

(Donate)
          Tribal Affiliation:

Activity:

Today:

Longevity:...
          06-08-2005, 10:25 AM
        • WhoMe
          Change is inevitable
          by WhoMe
          "Change is inevitable. You can't stop the clock."

I brought my dad to live with me. I want to tap into the knowledge that has taken a lifetime for him to learn. So we have daily conversations about culture, powwows, the past vs. the future.

He is a product of the...
          01-30-2019, 04:50 PM
        • Violet Belle
          Would like to attend a Powwow this year
          by Violet Belle
          Hi. I just joined this site tonight after being referred to it by the owner of a Native American group I am a member of on Facebook. I told the group about an encounter I had as a small child that involved Native American's and one of the things the owner suggested is that I attend a Powwow this year...
          03-12-2011, 05:42 AM
        • WhoMe
          Handicap at Powwows
          by WhoMe
          Are you handicapped or a caretaker for someone who is?

Do the powwows you go to make adequate provisions for the handicapped?

Are most powwows financially able to provide handicapped accommodations?
          02-09-2009, 11:46 AM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X