Getting started....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    No photos found.

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• charmin
    Drum
    charmin
    Tiny Tot Dancer
    by charmin
    I have been told so many things about the drum and i think it might be just what a person like but do ya'll think women sould be able to drum or even be around the drum?
    Charmin
    01-07-2004, 06:56 PM
  • Gledanh Zhinga
    "Smart phones" at the drum
    Gledanh Zhinga
    Blacksmith
    by Gledanh Zhinga
    My wife and I are in the "Elder 70+ dance category." Admitting that we may be somewhat old fashioned, but we returned from a last night's powwow where a few of the singers were iphoning at the drum. One lady singer at the gourd dance drum was really into it, probably on the internet, even...
    01-03-2010, 12:31 PM
  • WhoMe
    Children at the Drum
    WhoMe
    PauWau Coordinator
    by WhoMe
    Some tribes and individual head singers have strict rules concerning who is allowed to sit at their drums. . . and some don't.

At some drums, only adult males are allowed to sit in the inner circle with a drum stick. At others there are young boys seated. At others, children sit on the...
    07-01-2004, 02:44 PM
    Drum Hopping
    by Guest
    What is everyone's opinion of drum hoppers? I don't like it when they just set in without asking or join in right in the middle of a song. I won't tolerate this with my new drum group. If someone wants to sing with us, I expect them to ask no matter who they are. Don't just come in the middle of...
    04-25-2000, 03:34 PM
  • AZSundevil
    Drum tuning
    AZSundevil
    Pow Wow Visitor
    by AZSundevil
    Ok... I know this thread probably belongs in another area but I thought there might be some drum makers/ singers who could give me some advice. Our drum groups drum has tightened up with the warming weather to a point where it sounds " tingy" ( dunno if thats a word) We prefer a deeper sound....
    04-28-2009, 01:17 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X