Horse Stealing Songs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    No photos found.

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• CEM
    Wolf Songs
    by CEM
    Have we talked about Wolf Songs here?

What are they and when are they used? I've got two reasons for asking. First, at the Ponca Hethushka in April there was a session after the dinner break where women danced and I was told that they were dancing to Wolf songs. Second, I just picked...
    10-02-2001, 10:35 AM
  • DCP
    Composing Songs
    by DCP
    I have been told by some that one has to earn the right to compose songs. I have been told by others that if a song "comes to you" it ought to be used. I would enjoy hearing some feedback on this.
    06-27-2000, 01:03 AM
  • HeyDad!!
    Dance Progression
    by HeyDad!!
    I know that like other songs there are slow medium and fast songs. When singing these songs how should one proceed? For example say your singing 7 or 8 sets, should the first and second be slow, the 3rd slow - medium, 4-6 medium, and 7 and 8 fast?

Thanks....
    06-26-2000, 04:09 PM
  • Fat Albert
    Trot Dance Songs
    by Fat Albert
    Here is a question for anyone who wants to chew on it... How does a person correctly dance the trot songs? Why are these songs done the way they are? Are there tribal differences? Have a good one and enjoy the holidays!
    12-22-2003, 05:23 PM
  • Fat Albert
    Trot Dance
    by Fat Albert
    Here is a question for anyone who wants to chew on it... How does a person correctly dance the trot songs? Why are these songs done the way they are? Are there tribal differences? Have a good one and enjoy the holidays!
    12-22-2003, 05:23 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X