lol...the head of my beater!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lol...the head of my beater!

So spill your gutts (and no, not your nutts)....what do you guys use for the interior of your drum stick heads?

LSS
    To get a true picture of your purpose in life, you only get the whole picture when you listen with your mind, your ears and your heart. This way The Creator has a direct connection with you and only you...no outside interference.

When you follow the will of IT that created you, understanding that your purpose is not for you...but for IT and all that IT has created, there can be no wrong except failure to be obedient. Only then do we jeopardize the gifts we are given.

Its not the final destination that defines us, rather the journey taken!

_____

Shredded rags n duct tape.
    Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

Wont tell :o
      :indian2: MIRROR MIRROR ON THE WALL, JEAN CLAUDE VAN DAMME IM FINE:muscles:

" say what I feel, I say what I think, I say what you do not like, Yet for some reason what I say is somewhat correct" Chief Big Beef 1999

Comment

SBZ4life

I understand...and I'll let that be all that I say on that

LSS
        To get a true picture of your purpose in life, you only get the whole picture when you listen with your mind, your ears and your heart. This way The Creator has a direct connection with you and only you...no outside interference.

When you follow the will of IT that created you, understanding that your purpose is not for you...but for IT and all that IT has created, there can be no wrong except failure to be obedient. Only then do we jeopardize the gifts we are given.

Its not the final destination that defines us, rather the journey taken!

Comment

Maxi Pads baby. The MAXI PADS!!!!!! :)
          Through the good times and bad times, always pray.

Comment

I use cattail fluff after the pods start to break up, this I put inside of a layer of soft buckskin and it has always worked well for me. Oh and inside of the fluff, I put a small piece of cloth with a pinch of tobacco, sage, cedar and sweet grass. This is hidden fom sight and is my personal medicine for my beater!

I refuse to buy somone elses made beater!
            Listen to my heart, not just my mouth! The most powerfull thing we can do is,,,share,,, if we don't it dies with us.

It is the year of the bear, I am sharpening my claws and will no longer tollerate harrassment.

Born in Winnipeg raised in the Pikwakanagan, Deutschland was never home! Army brat that had no choice in a parents duties to home and country. I Too Serve our flag and work for the uniform.
            Stand behind our troops or stand IN FRONT of them.

Comment

Uuuuuuhh Sounds like alot of work. I like to put weeds and popcorn seeds in mine.
              :indian2: MIRROR MIRROR ON THE WALL, JEAN CLAUDE VAN DAMME IM FINE:muscles:

" say what I feel, I say what I think, I say what you do not like, Yet for some reason what I say is somewhat correct" Chief Big Beef 1999

Comment

sheeeeesh, i must be making my sticks all wrong then....all I ever used was duct tape, old t shirts and electrical tape...under my heads....
                sigpicWe spend a lifetime worrying about if we make a difference....Marines don't have that problem.

Comment

The only reason I make my beater that way is that I figure that playing the drum is a gift, so why not give your beater that extra blessing. It makes my heart soar when I play and Iput more into the music since I did that extra step. I can only thank my Elder for showing me the way to add my herb mix inside. You might say I am overdoing it but on the other hand do you not want to put all the effort into the beater, not just a cheap look???
                  Listen to my heart, not just my mouth! The most powerfull thing we can do is,,,share,,, if we don't it dies with us.

It is the year of the bear, I am sharpening my claws and will no longer tollerate harrassment.

Born in Winnipeg raised in the Pikwakanagan, Deutschland was never home! Army brat that had no choice in a parents duties to home and country. I Too Serve our flag and work for the uniform.
                  Stand behind our troops or stand IN FRONT of them.

Comment

I think its great you put all that into your beaters...it makes each and everyone special......
                    sigpicWe spend a lifetime worrying about if we make a difference....Marines don't have that problem.

Comment

i was gifted mine from a person i really respect... soo far i only smudged it and i cant tell you whats inside
                      thanks dad for showing me the way, teaching me the language, and not leaving my mother...*L*

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*

Comment

Damn....:Chatter.... you guys have some sacred beaters! LOL

Comment

I make mine as simple as possible...rags and duct tape...because around here....sticks go fast...always someone needing one...luckily..guys like my sticks...good flex with a little heft to the end....maybe I'll make a grip on the handle...a friend with SBZ showed me some tricks....

Comment

That spongy carpet insulation works well too.
                            May Creator bless you in everything you do as you walk along this red road.
                            Blonde Buffalo

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X