Favorite Song/Type of Song

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Song/Type of Song

What is your favorite song that you like to sing? It can be specific or a category.

For example I like singing women's traditional songs because a good number of them have beautiful melodies.

But my favorite song would have to be the grand entry Yellowhammer sang this year at Schemitzun on Sunday.....all vocables but it rocked....

I also like to sing a lot of the old Ponca songs.....

What about everyone else????????
    SouthernDrumSinger

favorite songs

Veterans Particularly Ponca ones.

Comment

Gourd Dance....without a doubt!!!
      PB49

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." Pablo Picasso

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift...that is why is it called the Present." Master Oogway - KungFu Panda

My comments are based on what I have been taught and my experiences over the years I have been around the circle. They should in no way be taken as gospel truths and are merely my opinions or attempts at passing on what I have learned while still learning more.

Comment

Top 5 Favorite Songs--in no particular order. Probably many I'm not even thinking about...just listing a few....

1. "Stars and Stripes"--composed by Leonard Cozad...very pretty song...
        2. Kiowa Vietnam Veteran Song
        3. Ponca Desert Storm Veteran Song
        4. Cozad "Children's Song"
        5. The wordier (if you will) Ponca Prayer Song composed by Yellowbear....

Just a few of the favorites....many others of course!

Singer

Comment

Last edited by okndnman; 03-11-2006, 08:08 PM.

Comment

My favorite song would be any of Yellowhamers fancy contest or warm-up songs/The type of song would have to be a ruffle

Comment

Any type of women's trditional songs! I love grass dance songs as well.

Comment

Kiowa War Mother Songs - Pretty songs but hard to sing if you don't know the Kiowa. ::laughs::

Comment

scalp and vicotory songs
                  :indian2: MIRROR MIRROR ON THE WALL, JEAN CLAUDE VAN DAMME IM FINE:muscles:

" say what I feel, I say what I think, I say what you do not like, Yet for some reason what I say is somewhat correct" Chief Big Beef 1999

Comment

Associated with a pow wow...Gourd....

The pow wow itself...anything I can and as long as its jammin'

LSS
                    To get a true picture of your purpose in life, you only get the whole picture when you listen with your mind, your ears and your heart. This way The Creator has a direct connection with you and only you...no outside interference.

When you follow the will of IT that created you, understanding that your purpose is not for you...but for IT and all that IT has created, there can be no wrong except failure to be obedient. Only then do we jeopardize the gifts we are given.

Its not the final destination that defines us, rather the journey taken!

Comment

Anything thats ROCKING!!!!!!! Need something that I can jam too:D .
                      Through the good times and bad times, always pray.

Comment

Round Dance
                        :indian2: MIRROR MIRROR ON THE WALL, JEAN CLAUDE VAN DAMME IM FINE:muscles:

" say what I feel, I say what I think, I say what you do not like, Yet for some reason what I say is somewhat correct" Chief Big Beef 1999

Comment

fav song

that would have to be war journey songs on the south roads or east roads or wares road even moccassin trail

Comment

i would have to say gourd dance songs. Comanche Desert storm song (GET DOWN SBZ).Otoe Flag.Good round dance songs with words in them..I DONT CARE IF YOUR MARRIED.........

Comment

Favorite type of Songs

:D

Me and my crew love veteran's Songs and round dance.

We really love singing Yellow Hammer round dance songs..awesome tunes!!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X