I Want To Start A Singing Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Want To Start A Singing Group

HEY EVERYONE I AM A LEADER IN THE BOY SCOUTS ORDER OF THE ARROW. I AM VERY INTERESTED IN STARTING A DRUM TEAM, I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO START THIS WITHOUT HAVING ANY BACKGROUND OF THE SUBJECT. WHERE DO I GET A DRUM, MUSIC, AND WORDS. I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE THE HELP.

THANKS,
    CHRISPY

Are you sure you don't want a lil land with that ,maybe a few hunting and fishing rights tossed in, I'm sure you have plenty of beads to trade aye. :(
    I Was Indian Before Being Indian Was Cool!! There's Plenty Of Room For All God's Creatures. Right Next To The Mashed Potatoes!!

Comment

Refer to my answer in Northern singing.

Comment

Yea!!! Dude!! All you need is a typical bass drum and you will be on your way pal!! You and your TEAM:D
        $outhern $tyle

Comment

Hey Crispy....check your PM's....
          To get a true picture of your purpose in life, you only get the whole picture when you listen with your mind, your ears and your heart. This way The Creator has a direct connection with you and only you...no outside interference.

When you follow the will of IT that created you, understanding that your purpose is not for you...but for IT and all that IT has created, there can be no wrong except failure to be obedient. Only then do we jeopardize the gifts we are given.

Its not the final destination that defines us, rather the journey taken!

Comment

New drum TEAM?

Please tell me you didn't just say that! Seems to me like you're extra crispy dude. Listen, you want to know where you can find some guidance on traditional music for yourself and your "team"? Try going to a Knights of Columbus dance or catch some Oktoberfest somewhere or better yet, order that lastest hot c.d. from Time Life Records....Polka Madness! Geez!

Comment

Like I said in Northern

The dude makes two posts. Both of them say the same thing, only difference is, one is in northern and other in southern.

I think he just wanted some attention and to rile things up.
              Never go commando in another man's fatigues!!!

Comment

Originally posted by calffries
                I AM VERY INTERESTED IN STARTING A DRUM TEAM, I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO START THIS WITHOUT HAVING ANY BACKGROUND OF THE SUBJECT. WHERE DO I GET A DRUM, MUSIC, AND WORDS. I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE THE HELP.

THANKS,
                CHRISPY

A team? I would think any team would need several key elements. You need uniform jerseys, a coach (or manager), players, back up players (to cover for your first string), cheerleaders, equipment manager, towel boy, and you need a playbook.

I hope this helps
                ***Edited for explicit content***

Comment

Most drum are comprised of guys who are already singers and get together to sing as a group. It's very, very rare for a group to start where everyone is a newbie. I couldn't see this working out. Also, who is going to guide them? You? You don't even know anything yourself. This is a terrible idea. Just forget it and move on.

I don't think I'm being negative, just honest. 95% or more of the Boy Scouts who pow wow don't give a rat's a$$ about doing things even remotely correctly. The world doesn't need another on-beat drum.

If you and your guys are serious about it...take it slow, learn from real people, and don't worry about being a group for at least 5-10 years. Just learn how to sing and why you sing. But, I know from experience in trying to help Scouts that most have no patience and want everything now, now, now. Have fun.
                  I think everyone on this rez is addicted to Harry Potter...lol...

Comment

Originally posted by calffries
                    HEY EVERYONE I AM A LEADER IN THE BOY SCOUTS ORDER OF THE ARROW. I AM VERY INTERESTED IN STARTING A DRUM TEAM, I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO START THIS WITHOUT HAVING ANY BACKGROUND OF THE SUBJECT. WHERE DO I GET A DRUM, MUSIC, AND WORDS. I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE THE HELP.

THANKS,
                    CHRISPY
                    This is as bad as the other person looking to buy eagle plumes at a store last week! What ever happened to respecting other people's cultures??? This is a very bad idea Chrispy...seriously!

Comment

Drum Team!!

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man thats a good one. Turn back! And run.
                      *~*BbC-4-LiFe*~*

Comment

wait. EXCuse me, But I really dont mean to sound too rude. But Dude you aren't native. I thought this was a native guy wanting to start a group with his "club scouts". i dunno, I think I'm confuesd. I think this topic should be in jokes in humor!
                        Last edited by AlmostThere; 02-06-2005, 06:57 PM.
                        blah blah blah....

Comment

Old Thread....

This is an old thread from January of last year....he posted the same thing in the Northern Singing section.

I say we shoot it and let it die (the thread...)

Comment

Hey...at least he asked.

Could have just got a drum, some pink and yellow feathers, and made up some ya-ya-heya-hey songs. LOTS of that going on in scouting.

Like singerdad said, you dont really just start a drum. it is usually a bunch of "already singers". Or maybe a few singers teaching some newbies.

I was the same way. I was a boy scout. we decided to start a drum. We found a few guys who knew what to do and helped us. We were really crappy for a few years. Now we are just a little crappy. Not in the BSA anymore tho.

It is hard to keep a group together if it isnt someting that is part of your culture. For most non-ndns, it becomes a fad. Yeah its cool for a few years but than you find Nascar or rock climbing. ;) There has been about 30 people thru our drum. The same 3 have been herethe whole time. It turns out that I am the most serious about it.

Now when we sing it is us 3, and about 4 guys from other drums in the area. Maybe someone will sit with us that knows the songs we sing. And vice-versa. Sometimes we sit with other drums.
                            There are 2 types of people in the world...
                            Really stupid people who think they are smart
                            and
                            Really smart people who think they are smart.

Comment

Wait A Minute!!!

2004??? I thought that this post was from last month!

shoot.

There goes all my white wisdom. Right into a dead thread!
                              There are 2 types of people in the world...
                              Really stupid people who think they are smart
                              and
                              Really smart people who think they are smart.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X