No announcement yet.

Drum Sticks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Who Me do you make your own drum sticks?
    Just wondering... I know plenty of singer that are keen with duct tape when there sticks break down..
    Dayum I make some keen DrumSticks!!!!!!sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NDNTacO49
      Hey Who Me do you make your own drum sticks?
      Just wondering... ..
      __

Taco:

In answer to your question. I have made my own drumsticks in the past. But, I don't enjoy it. I would rather leave drumstick making to da' pros.

I don't mind spending $20 for a new, well balanced "finger lickin' good" drumstick!

___

I have a crazy story about drumstick making. . .

We were up in Manitoba and the guy who was supposed to make our matching drum sticks only got as far as finishing the handle and tapework.

So he handed out leather, scissors, needles and thread for each singer to finish his own drumstick.

Needless to say, each singer made a drumstick to fit their personality.

Powwowbum made a perfect stick. Mine was functional but not much to look at. One young kid who was wanting to make his mark in singing, stuffed his with a load of toilet paper so big that it looked like a boxing glove! Another guy who does everything half a** all the time, had his stick fall apart and unravel while we were singing.

"Drumstick making is an art form and not everyone is an artist"
      Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

Have a look at the pics I've got posted........well balanced nice weight, good feel, is what everyone says.......I've had no complaints.......................so far.......lol

Comment

I like my sticks a lil heaver in the head, so when I sing the stick does most of the work for me. I have tried to use lite weight sticks but you have put a lot more work into singing hard. I was wondering how everyone else likes there sticks?
          give good sing hard and try not to fart infront a fine flat butt babe!

Comment

Watch Out!!!

Originally posted by aye_how_er_007 View Post
            Have a look at the pics I've got posted........well balanced nice weight, good feel, is what everyone says.......I've had no complaints.......................so far.......lol
            Yeah, I know it has been a while for this thread. I wired this guy Jeff Walsh (aye_how_er_007) money for a matching set of sticks on 2/1/07. As of today, no sticks. So yeah, look at the pics and read all the posts and good luck on getting your sticks from this guy.
            "I am not a superhero; just one of the few working hard and long for the survival of my PEOPLE."

Comment

Derrick Keeswood and his bro "BiG" Jr. Keeswood can make keen ones. they from Hogback NM.

http://www.myspace.com/dkeeswood

Comment

midnite makes good sticks

Comment

I got a set of sticks from the Owens family during a giveaway two years back. I found out that the set was made by one of the guys from SOUTHERNOUTLAWS.

I make sticks and I can say with no ego that mine are pretty damn good, but these sticks put mine to shame. The stiching, weight, and general feel were amazing. Hands down, the best in indian country for a southern singer.

I love threads where you can give props rather than talk smack.
                  LOW KEY!

Comment

Am making some new sticks for my drum right now... I got my own style that works pretty well, it's nice to have a set of matching sticks on the drum, gives a uniform sound and I like that!

Paselo~
                    I became a singer because I love to sing... and to feed my addiction to cough drops!

Comment

my bro andrew from southern extreme make some really nice drum sticks....they are really really purdy...lol
                      www.myspace.com/southernx_hunnie2k5

***NO MATTER HOW I TRY I CANT SEEM TO GET U OUTTA MY MIND BCUZ U ARE SO FINE AND I CARE FOR U I HOPE U CARE FOR ME TO NO DOUBT ABOUT IT I DONT WANNA BE A PLAYA NO MORE***

LULULULU

Comment

drumsticks

Pete EcoHawk Neconie made us some good drumsticks !!!!!!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X