X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• redblanketsingers
    replied
    drumsticks

Pete EcoHawk Neconie made us some good drumsticks !!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Southern Comfort
    replied
    my bro andrew from southern extreme make some really nice drum sticks....they are really really purdy...lol

Leave a comment:

• RedShield
    replied
    Am making some new sticks for my drum right now... I got my own style that works pretty well, it's nice to have a set of matching sticks on the drum, gives a uniform sound and I like that!

Paselo~

Leave a comment:

• slysouthernguy
    replied
    I got a set of sticks from the Owens family during a giveaway two years back. I found out that the set was made by one of the guys from SOUTHERNOUTLAWS.

I make sticks and I can say with no ego that mine are pretty damn good, but these sticks put mine to shame. The stiching, weight, and general feel were amazing. Hands down, the best in indian country for a southern singer.

I love threads where you can give props rather than talk smack.

Leave a comment:

• youngster
    replied
    midnite makes good sticks

Leave a comment:

• OU NATIVE
    replied
    Derrick Keeswood and his bro "BiG" Jr. Keeswood can make keen ones. they from Hogback NM.

http://www.myspace.com/dkeeswood

Leave a comment:

• SeaHawk
    replied
    Watch Out!!!

Originally posted by aye_how_er_007 View Post
    Have a look at the pics I've got posted........well balanced nice weight, good feel, is what everyone says.......I've had no complaints.......................so far.......lol
    Yeah, I know it has been a while for this thread. I wired this guy Jeff Walsh (aye_how_er_007) money for a matching set of sticks on 2/1/07. As of today, no sticks. So yeah, look at the pics and read all the posts and good luck on getting your sticks from this guy.

Leave a comment:

• durty-kawdayz49
    replied
    I like my sticks a lil heaver in the head, so when I sing the stick does most of the work for me. I have tried to use lite weight sticks but you have put a lot more work into singing hard. I was wondering how everyone else likes there sticks?

Leave a comment:

• aye_how_er_007
    replied
    Have a look at the pics I've got posted........well balanced nice weight, good feel, is what everyone says.......I've had no complaints.......................so far.......lol

Leave a comment:

• WhoMe
    replied
    Originally posted by NDNTacO49
    Hey Who Me do you make your own drum sticks?
    Just wondering... ..
    __

Taco:

In answer to your question. I have made my own drumsticks in the past. But, I don't enjoy it. I would rather leave drumstick making to da' pros.

I don't mind spending $20 for a new, well balanced "finger lickin' good" drumstick!

___

I have a crazy story about drumstick making. . .

We were up in Manitoba and the guy who was supposed to make our matching drum sticks only got as far as finishing the handle and tapework.

So he handed out leather, scissors, needles and thread for each singer to finish his own drumstick.

Needless to say, each singer made a drumstick to fit their personality.

Powwowbum made a perfect stick. Mine was functional but not much to look at. One young kid who was wanting to make his mark in singing, stuffed his with a load of toilet paper so big that it looked like a boxing glove! Another guy who does everything half a** all the time, had his stick fall apart and unravel while we were singing.

"Drumstick making is an art form and not everyone is an artist"

Leave a comment:

• TacO5000
    replied
    Hey Who Me do you make your own drum sticks?
    Just wondering... I know plenty of singer that are keen with duct tape when there sticks break down..

Leave a comment:

• travelingmocs
    replied
    Kickapoo, makes some nice sticks. So does his grandsons Randy and Shawn Foye. Someone else who makes some nice sticks is Straighdancerinaz, that was his old screen name.

Leave a comment:

• *-merk-*
    replied
    i saw bear creek runnin around sellin 'em at ASU P/W too

Leave a comment:

• CrazyInDn
    replied
    SBZ4Life sticks are realy good,I have a couple of his.Still holden up.
    Str8dancerinAZ makes some good ones also but i don wore them out.Wish he would make me some more(hint,hint :) )
    I would like to get some of K.rice's sticks anyone know how to??

Leave a comment:

• SBZ4life
    replied
    Good drumsticks....hmmm...I know a few who make good drumsticks

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X